Inför Ryssarnas invasion (2022)

Livet handlar inte bara om spårvagnar och lokaltrafik. Här kan det diskuteras om andra ting. (endast för registrerade användare)

Moderatorer: Jourmaster, Infomaster

Kategoriregler
Livet handlar inte bara om spårvagnar och lokaltrafik. Här kan det diskuteras om andra ting. (endast för registrerade användare)
Allmänna forumregler
Användarens profilbild
dr Cassandra Nojdh

Re: Inför Ryssarnas invasion (2022)

Inlägg av dr Cassandra Nojdh »

Enceladus skrev: fredag 03 maj 2024 19:16
dr Cassandra Nojdh skrev: måndag 29 april 2024 10:38 Allt svårare? Det går överhuvud tagit inte, och det är på sätt och vis förvånande att någon ens försöker, även de är värda respekt. Men de kan knappast räkna med någonting annat än att (i bästa fall) bli martyrer.

Alla diktatorer fruktar det fria ordet, förstås. Och en gammal KGB-are förnekar sig aldrig.
‘When journalists are threatened, democracy dies’
Novaya Gazeta Europe skrev:SS: When journalists are threatened, democracy dies. The people of Russia know this more than anyone. The commitment to upholding pluralistic, free, independent information is thus an existential fight for our democratic societies.

[...]

We estimate that Russia has suffered 500,000 military losses, including 150,000 dead. And for what? Two words suffice: for nothing.
Frankrike uppskattar att Ryssland har förlorat 500 000 soldater i Ukraina, varav 150 000 av dem har dött. BBC och Mediazona har bekräftat 50 000 dödsfall.

Således har Putin väldigt mycket att frukta av det fria ordet!
Tyvärr har ju Europa en del smuts på händerna också:
The Brief – The EU has a media freedom problem
Bild

European media under attack from politicians, Reporters Without Borders sounds the alarm
Så kommer turen till Soccomoro alias Jazzbacillen alias dr Cassandra Nöjdh alias Durkdrivna Doris etc. (ljudkonst av Lars-Gunnar Bodin): "Låt oss tala klarspråk och rinna ut i sanden".
Enceladus

Inlägg av Enceladus »

dr Cassandra Nojdh skrev: fredag 03 maj 2024 17:12 Det är väl snarare USA som behöver en stark ledare. Och det kanske landet kommer att få också, fast inte som man skulle önska.....
Signaturen "John Ridge" instämmer dessvärre i skribentens tes:
John Ridge skrev:Unfortunately, this isn’t likely to result in any material changes.

Ukraine is under enormous pressure (arguably coercion) from the United States to not use *any* donated weapons from *any* country against targets in Russia.
Det kan noteras att röster inom republikanerna vill att USA skickar JASSM till Ukraina.

G-7 Eyes Plan on US-Led $50 Billion Aid Package for Ukraine
Bloomberg skrev:The US is in talks with close partners to lead a group of allies that would give as much as $50 billion in aid to Ukraine, with the massive outlay being repaid with the windfall profits from sovereign Russian assets that have been frozen – and are accruing interest — mostly in Europe.

[...]

Most European nations have pushed back against outright confiscation of the assets and have been skeptical of proposals they fear would undermine the euro’s stability or expose them to Russian retaliation. The US push essentially boils down to finding a way to provide Ukraine with the largest possible support quickly rather than in smaller amounts, by better mobilizing the profits produced by the frozen assets, said the people.

With President Joe Biden facing a challenge from his Republican predecessor Donald Trump in November’s election, a key element of the US push is also to shield allied assistance to Ukraine from political shifts on both sides of the Atlantic. Trump has expressed skepticism about aid to Ukraine and political divisions in the US may make it hard to approve further support for Kyiv.
Vad väntar G7-länderna på? Kan det vara Tyskland som tänker på sin historia?
Financial Times skrev:Some European officials also worry that such a move would unleash a flurry of reparations claims relating to decades-old disputes such as those against Germany after the two world wars, as well as former colonies staking claims on former imperialist powers.

The US, however, argues there is a legal basis for outright confiscation of the assets as a lawful countermeasure to Russia’s war of aggression. It has sought to convince others that G7 countries are “specially affected” by Russia’s unlawful invasion, including through the impact on their economies, and can therefore act to make Moscow end its aggression.

The foreign aid package passed by Congress last week grants the Biden administration the right to seize Russian assets held by the US, paving the way for confiscation.
Polen brukar ju kräva att Tyskland betalar skadestånd efter andra världskriget med jämna mellanrum...
dr Cassandra Nojdh skrev: fredag 03 maj 2024 17:12 Krig handlar ganska lite om retorik, annars hade Ukraina stått som segrare nu. Tyskland är alltjämt Europas största enskilda bidragsgivare:
Italy pushes G7 for coal phase-out date ahead of energy meeting, sources say
Reuters skrev:Germany is resisting Italy's efforts on a coal phase-out deadline, the sources said, amid ongoing negotiations to find a compromise at the Turin gathering starting on Sunday.

[...]

Italy and Germany are also at odds over nuclear power, with Rome willing to say in the G7 communique that power produced by nuclear fission is among the options G7 countries can choose to reduce dependence on fossil fuels.

Rome also wants to spell out support for research on new generation nuclear reactors, the sources said, but Germany, which mothballed its last nuclear power station in 2023, is against voicing support for energy derived from nuclear fission.
Problemet är att Tyskland sätter ideologi framför pragmatism. Det gäller inte bara kärnkraft och klustervapen, utan även Taurus. Ukraina kan inte vänta på valet!
Användarens profilbild
dr Cassandra Nojdh

Enceladus skrev: fredag 03 maj 2024 20:18 Italy pushes G7 for coal phase-out date ahead of energy meeting, sources say
Reuters skrev:Germany is resisting Italy's efforts on a coal phase-out deadline, the sources said, amid ongoing negotiations to find a compromise at the Turin gathering starting on Sunday.

[...]

Italy and Germany are also at odds over nuclear power, with Rome willing to say in the G7 communique that power produced by nuclear fission is among the options G7 countries can choose to reduce dependence on fossil fuels.

Rome also wants to spell out support for research on new generation nuclear reactors, the sources said, but Germany, which mothballed its last nuclear power station in 2023, is against voicing support for energy derived from nuclear fission.
Problemet är att Tyskland sätter ideologi framför pragmatism. Det gäller inte bara kärnkraft och klustervapen, utan även Taurus. Ukraina kan inte vänta på valet!
Det där är ju att koppla ihop för många frågor som egentligen inte har med varandra att göra, och säger mer om Enceladus-kollektivets tankeverksamhet än om Tyskland. Resonemang av ovanstående slag gränsar faktiskt till rena konspirationsteorier.
Så kommer turen till Soccomoro alias Jazzbacillen alias dr Cassandra Nöjdh alias Durkdrivna Doris etc. (ljudkonst av Lars-Gunnar Bodin): "Låt oss tala klarspråk och rinna ut i sanden".
Användarens profilbild
dr Cassandra Nojdh

Enceladus skrev: fredag 03 maj 2024 20:18 G-7 Eyes Plan on US-Led $50 Billion Aid Package for Ukraine
Bloomberg skrev:The US is in talks with close partners to lead a group of allies that would give as much as $50 billion in aid to Ukraine, with the massive outlay being repaid with the windfall profits from sovereign Russian assets that have been frozen – and are accruing interest — mostly in Europe.

[...]

Most European nations have pushed back against outright confiscation of the assets and have been skeptical of proposals they fear would undermine the euro’s stability or expose them to Russian retaliation. The US push essentially boils down to finding a way to provide Ukraine with the largest possible support quickly rather than in smaller amounts, by better mobilizing the profits produced by the frozen assets, said the people.

With President Joe Biden facing a challenge from his Republican predecessor Donald Trump in November’s election, a key element of the US push is also to shield allied assistance to Ukraine from political shifts on both sides of the Atlantic. Trump has expressed skepticism about aid to Ukraine and political divisions in the US may make it hard to approve further support for Kyiv.
Vad väntar G7-länderna på? Kan det vara Tyskland som tänker på sin historia?
Financial Times skrev:Some European officials also worry that such a move would unleash a flurry of reparations claims relating to decades-old disputes such as those against Germany after the two world wars, as well as former colonies staking claims on former imperialist powers.

The US, however, argues there is a legal basis for outright confiscation of the assets as a lawful countermeasure to Russia’s war of aggression. It has sought to convince others that G7 countries are “specially affected” by Russia’s unlawful invasion, including through the impact on their economies, and can therefore act to make Moscow end its aggression.

The foreign aid package passed by Congress last week grants the Biden administration the right to seize Russian assets held by the US, paving the way for confiscation.
Polen brukar ju kräva att Tyskland betalar skadestånd efter andra världskriget med jämna mellanrum...
Det är lätt att vara hånfull mot Tyskland, men jag tror inte att utomstående kan förstå detta fullt ut. Nästa 80 år efter slutet av WW2 brottas Tyskland fortfarande med sin historia och sin "sonderweg", från Bismarcks erövringskrig i samband med Tysklands enande omkring 1870, till hitlerismens fasansfulla brott och allt vad den lämnade efter sig. Jämför ex.vis med Japan, den andra stora agressorn under WW2, som i stort sett skakat av sig detta och ser sig själva som offer, inte minst efter kärnvapenattackerna mot Hiroshima och Nagasaki.
Användarens profilbild
dr Cassandra Nojdh

Enceladus skrev: tisdag 30 april 2024 0:32 Hybridkrig är väl bara förnamnet. Dessvärre blundar de flesta västerländska politiker för problemet.

Estonia blames Russia for GPS interference that forces Finnair to suspend flights
POLITICO skrev:Finnish airline Finnair today suspended flights to Tartu, Estonia, due to interference with GPS signals over the Baltic Sea region that Estonian authorities blamed on Russia.

The airport at Estonia's second city relies solely on a GPS signal for approach and landing.

[...]

Estonian Foreign Minister Margus Tsahkna called the GPS jamming a “hybrid attack” and blamed Russia — saying he intends to raise the issue at the EU and NATO.
Enligt signaturen "Markus Jonsson" ligger GPS-störaren vid Sankt Petersburg. Vad blir Natos respons?
Ja, vi som trodde på en fredlig utveckling har ju gjort oss beroende av den senaste 20-30 årens framsteg inom elektronisk kommunikation i vid mening. Men nu har internet blivit en tummelplats för fascister och Ryssland har valt krigets väg, och identifierat satellitnavigation som en klar och tydlig angreppspunkt.

Än värre blir det förstås när elektronisk krigföring går över till mer handfasta aktiviteter, som mord och sabotage: Hybrid war: NATO sounds alarm over 'hostile' Russian activity across Europe

Som av en händelse brinner det i en fabrik i Berlin, tillhörig tyska försvarskonglomeratet Diehl: Kraftig brand i fabrik i Berlin – släckningsarbetet fortsätter
Enceladus

Inlägg av Enceladus »

dr Cassandra Nojdh skrev: söndag 05 maj 2024 10:10 Som av en händelse brinner det i en fabrik i Berlin, tillhörig tyska försvarskonglomeratet Diehl: Kraftig brand i fabrik i Berlin – släckningsarbetet fortsätter
Försvarskonglomeratet Diehl Defence har ingen produktionsanläggning i Berlin. Videon visar en brand hos Diehl Metall, en leverantör till fordonsindustrin:
Janis Kluge skrev:If Russia was targeting German electric vehicle supply chains (this part of Diehl), it's either bad intelligence or some kind of really long game to save the combustion engine.
Som bekant utgör elfordon - till skillnad från Ukraina - ett existentiellt hot mot Ryssland. Samtidigt säljer Putin det rep som hänger honom, vilket Lenin förutsåg.

Russia plotting sabotage across Europe, intelligence agencies warn
Financial Times skrev:Haldenwang spoke just days after two German-Russian nationals were arrested in Bayreuth, Bavaria, for allegedly plotting to attack military and logistics sites in Germany on behalf of Russia.

Two men were charged in the UK in late April with having started a fire at a warehouse containing aid shipments for Ukraine. English prosecutors accuse them of working for the Russian government.

In Sweden, security services are meanwhile investigating a series of recent railway derailments, which they suspect may be acts of state-backed sabotage.
Avses de två senaste urspårningarna på Malmbanan? Det är väl inte säkert. Å andra sidan saboteras Rysslands gassatsningar av amerikanska sanktioner...
Användarens profilbild
dr Cassandra Nojdh

Enceladus skrev: söndag 05 maj 2024 13:28
dr Cassandra Nojdh skrev: söndag 05 maj 2024 10:10 Som av en händelse brinner det i en fabrik i Berlin, tillhörig tyska försvarskonglomeratet Diehl: Kraftig brand i fabrik i Berlin – släckningsarbetet fortsätter
Försvarskonglomeratet Diehl Defence har ingen produktionsanläggning i Berlin. Videon visar en brand hos Diehl Metall, en leverantör till fordonsindustrin:
Petimeteranmärkning! Jag nämnde aldrig just Diehl Defence explicit, och Diehl Group är verkligen ett konglomerat, men eftersom det är mest känt för sin försvarsproduktion tyckte jag det var rimligt att sätta det prefixet, oavsett vilken rörelsegren den aktuella fabriken tillhör. Att Diehl har flera sådana är väl känt: https://www.diehl.com/group/en/
Användarens profilbild
dr Cassandra Nojdh

Och Onkel Xi är på besök i Europa

Ukraina, konjak och elbilar toppar agendan under Xis charmoffensiv i Frankrike – demonstranter lyfter fram kinesisk censur (YLE)

Och försöker så split och hjälpa Putin: Putins räddningsplanka välkomnas i Europa (Aftonbladet)

Att Macron är måltavlan är förstås ingen slump: Europe must resist pressure to become ‘America’s followers,’ says Macron
Politico.eu skrev:Europe must reduce its dependency on the United States and avoid getting dragged into a confrontation between China and the U.S. over Taiwan, French President Emmanuel Macron said in an interview on his plane back from a three-day state visit to China.

Speaking with POLITICO and two French journalists after spending around six hours with Chinese President Xi Jinping during his trip, Macron emphasized his pet theory of “strategic autonomy” for Europe, presumably led by France, to become a “third superpower.”

Advertisement
He said “the great risk” Europe faces is that it “gets caught up in crises that are not ours, which prevents it from building its strategic autonomy,” while flying from Beijing to Guangzhou, in southern China, aboard COTAM Unité, France’s Air Force One.

Xi Jinping and the Chinese Communist Party have enthusiastically endorsed Macron’s concept of strategic autonomy and Chinese officials constantly refer to it in their dealings with European countries. Party leaders and theorists in Beijing are convinced the West is in decline and China is on the ascendant and that weakening the transatlantic relationship will help accelerate this trend.
Då är det trevligare med nordiska statsbesök i Sverige, som Finlands president Alexander Stubb och Danmarks kung Frederik X. Vi måste hålla ihop mer i Norden. Det tog 600 år för Sverige och Danmark att inse att krig oss emellan inte är någon bra idé. Hur lång tid ska det ta för Ryssland och Ukraina?
Enceladus

Inlägg av Enceladus »

dr Cassandra Nojdh skrev: söndag 05 maj 2024 13:41 Petimeteranmärkning! Jag nämnde aldrig just Diehl Defence explicit, och Diehl Group är verkligen ett konglomerat, men eftersom det är mest känt för sin försvarsproduktion tyckte jag det var rimligt att sätta det prefixet, oavsett vilken rörelsegren den aktuella fabriken tillhör. Att Diehl har flera sådana är väl känt:
Ungefär som Boeing då:
dr Cassandra Nojdh skrev: fredag 26 april 2024 9:01 Boeings civila del har inget med det här att göra.
Boeing utreds på nytt av myndighet – kan ha förfalskat dokument
Ny Teknik skrev:Boeing utreds efter uppgifter om att bolagets egna inspektioner av modellen 787 Dreamliner inte har gått rätt till och att anställda ska ha förfalskat besiktningsdokument. Det meddelar USA:s luftfartsmyndighet FAA.

[...]

Utredningen är den senaste i en rad händelser som Boeing ställts inför i kölvattnet av den närapå katastrofala flighten i januari, där en dörrplugg lossnade på ett Alaska Airlines-plan av modellen Boeing 737 Max 9 och lämnade ett stort hål i flygplanet på tusentals meters höjd. Saker sögs ut ur hålet och planet tvingades nödlanda. Ingen människa kom till skada.
Menar skribenten att Boeings företagskultur inte påverkar dess militära del? Även Boeings bemannade Starliner-rymdfarkost har blivit uppskjuten (i tid alltså).
dr Cassandra Nojdh skrev: måndag 04 september 2023 23:22 Ja, det är helt obegripligt hur någon EU-medborgare kan vara omdömeslös nog att besöka den iranska mördarregimen. Det har ju varit känt i flera år att Iran griper västerländska medborgare helt slumpmässigt.
Russia detains US soldier on charges of theft
POLITICO skrev:The Russian government detained a U.S. soldier last week on charges of theft, according to two U.S. officials.

The soldier, a staff sergeant who is stationed in South Korea, was arrested last Thursday, said one of the officials, who was granted anonymity to discuss a sensitive incident. The soldier had traveled to Russia to meet a woman, possibly his girlfriend, the official said.

[...]

Russian President Vladimir “Putin has a long history of holding American citizens hostage. A warning to all Americans — as the State Department has said, it is not safe to travel to Russia,” McCaul said in a statement on social media.
Samma sak kan väl sägas om amerikanska soldater. Ryssland blir ju alltmer likt Iran. Landets äventyr i Afrika sker förstås också på egen risk:
The Military Watch skrev:6 May 2024 was a bad day for Russian aviation. Two retired Russian Air Force pilots, working for a private company, died when their L-39C crashed under unclear circumstances somewhere in Africa. Reportedly they were enroute to Mali.
Ukraina tackar och tar emot!
Användarens profilbild
dr Cassandra Nojdh

Enceladus skrev: tisdag 07 maj 2024 10:13
dr Cassandra Nojdh skrev: söndag 05 maj 2024 13:41 Petimeteranmärkning! Jag nämnde aldrig just Diehl Defence explicit, och Diehl Group är verkligen ett konglomerat, men eftersom det är mest känt för sin försvarsproduktion tyckte jag det var rimligt att sätta det prefixet, oavsett vilken rörelsegren den aktuella fabriken tillhör. Att Diehl har flera sådana är väl känt:
Ungefär som Boeing då:
dr Cassandra Nojdh skrev: fredag 26 april 2024 9:01 Boeings civila del har inget med det här att göra.
Boeing utreds på nytt av myndighet – kan ha förfalskat dokument
Ny Teknik skrev:Boeing utreds efter uppgifter om att bolagets egna inspektioner av modellen 787 Dreamliner inte har gått rätt till och att anställda ska ha förfalskat besiktningsdokument. Det meddelar USA:s luftfartsmyndighet FAA.

[...]

Utredningen är den senaste i en rad händelser som Boeing ställts inför i kölvattnet av den närapå katastrofala flighten i januari, där en dörrplugg lossnade på ett Alaska Airlines-plan av modellen Boeing 737 Max 9 och lämnade ett stort hål i flygplanet på tusentals meters höjd. Saker sögs ut ur hålet och planet tvingades nödlanda. Ingen människa kom till skada.
Menar skribenten att Boeings företagskultur inte påverkar dess militära del? Även Boeings bemannade Starliner-rymdfarkost har blivit uppskjuten (i tid alltså).
Det vet jag ingenting om (och inte Enceladus-kollektivet heller) så det ser jag ingen anledning att kommentera.

Min kommentar rörde någonting helt annat, nämligen GLSDB och GBU-39
dr Cassandra Nojdh skrev: fredag 26 april 2024 9:01
Enceladus skrev: fredag 26 april 2024 0:56 Däremot verkar GLSDB stöta på problem på slagfältet (Boeings civila del går knappast bättre):
John Ridge skrev:Speaking @CSIS, Undersecretary of Defense for Acquisition and Sustainment LaPlante indicates the Boeing-Saab produced Ground-Launched Small Diameter Bomb has proven largely ineffective in Ukraine.

He cites numerous issues including ineffective TTPs and Russian GPS denial.
Boeings civila del har inget med det här att göra.
Alltså ren citatförfalskning, i vanlig ordning, och dessutom försök till halmdocka.

Beträffande den första bemannade Starlinerfärden så har den inget med detta att göra heller. Problemen där var dessutom inte relaterade till rymdfarkosten utan till bärraketen.

Försöken ovan att koppla ihop saker som inte har med varandra att göra är ett bra exempel på konspiratoriskt tänkande.
Senast redigerad av dr Cassandra Nojdh den tisdag 07 maj 2024 11:22, redigerad totalt 1 gånger.
Användarens profilbild
dr Cassandra Nojdh

Enceladus skrev: tisdag 07 maj 2024 10:13 Ryssland blir ju alltmer likt Iran. Landets äventyr i Afrika sker förstås också på egen risk:
The Military Watch skrev:6 May 2024 was a bad day for Russian aviation. Two retired Russian Air Force pilots, working for a private company, died when their L-39C crashed under unclear circumstances somewhere in Africa. Reportedly they were enroute to Mali.
Ukraina tackar och tar emot!
Den risken är Putin uppenbarligen beredd att ta: ”Valet i Tchad kan få stora konsekvenser för väst” (SvT)

L-39 Albatros är dessutom ett uselt flygplan. Det var ett sådant som tog livet av major Andrii "juice" Pilshchykov: viewtopic.php?p=415344#p415344
Enceladus

Inlägg av Enceladus »

dr Cassandra Nojdh skrev: torsdag 28 september 2023 8:45 Ja, Ilham Aliyev och Recep Tayyip Erdoğan är för sluga för Putin, som inte alls kan fylla ut Josef Stalins kläder. Ilham Aliyevs fader, den tidigare diktatorn Heydar Aliyev (1923-2003) (som behändigt nog skakade av sig sin kommunistiska övertygelse vid Sovjetunionens kollaps) var f.ö. född i Nachitjevan.
The Cost of Russia’s Friendship With Azerbaijan
Carnegie Politika skrev:Azerbaijan has managed to achieve something thought to be impossible in the post-Soviet space: the withdrawal of Russian peacekeepers ahead of time, and seemingly without angering Moscow. In fact, even as peacekeepers were leaving the long-disputed region of Nagorno-Karabakh that was seized by Baku following a one-day war with Armenia in 2023, Azerbaijan’s president Ilham Aliyev was visiting Moscow. Neither Russian officials nor Russian propaganda outlets have accused Baku of pushing Russia out of the South Caucasus. Instead, they blame Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan for recognizing Azerbaijan’s 1991 borders and placing too much trust in Brussels and Washington.

[...]

Azerbaijan has shown that, with a certain combination of military and diplomatic effort, it is possible to both resolve a territorial conflict in defiance of Moscow, and eject the Russian military. For a long time, the conventional wisdom was that once Russia deploys peacekeepers, they will remain in place for a long time—like in the Georgian regions of Abkhazia and South Ossetia, or Moldova’s pro-Russian breakaway region of Transnistria. But Nagorno-Karabakh has bucked this trend. Even if Russia had wanted to see its peacekeepers stationed there for many years, in the end they were obliged to leave in short order having achieved very little.

[...]

Even having withdrawn its peacekeepers without winning any concessions from Baku, Moscow remains frozen out of Armenia–Azerbaijan negotiations. Moscow and Baku may both criticize Yerevan for its attempts to cozy up to the West, but there is no sign of Russian diplomacy in the South Caucasus intensifying, or of Moscow working closely with Baku. Instead, Yerevan and Baku have recently entered into a direct dialogue—and so far quite successfully.

[...]

Russian pro-war Telegram channels regularly criticize Baku for pro-Kyiv sympathies—and even pro-regime media outlets in Azerbaijan have published articles about Azerbaijani volunteers fighting against Russia in Ukraine. There is also much anger in Russia over rumors that Azerbaijan is supplying weapons to Ukraine. But Moscow is trying hard to avoid any friction in relations with Azerbaijan.
Ja, Aliyev har verkligen utklassat Putin i det geopolitiska spelet. Aliyev skickar vapen till Ukraina, och inte ett pip från Putin!
dr Cassandra Nojdh skrev: tisdag 07 maj 2024 11:01 Den risken är Putin uppenbarligen beredd att ta:
Ukraina uppger sig ha stoppat lönnmord på Zelenskyj
Svenska Yle skrev:Männen rapporteras ha försökt värva personer inom Zelenskyjs livvaktsstyrka för att kidnappa och mörda Zelenskyj. De gripna officerarna ska också ha läckt information till Moskva.

[...]

De ryska agenterna ska också ha undersökt möjligheten att mörda chefen för Ukrainas militära underrättelsetjänst Kyrylo Budanov och SBU-chefen Maljuk.

De försökte också komma över uppgifter om var Budanov och Maljuk befann sig för att möjliggöra ryska robotattacker mot dem.
Ukraina har redan goda skäl att likvidera den person som startade kriget och vars frånfälle skulle kunna avsluta det. Försöker Putin ge ytterligare ett skäl?
dr Cassandra Nojdh skrev: söndag 11 juni 2023 9:31 Observera att frasen i det sista stycket "Den här typen av vapen har Ryssland provat ut i flera av sina krig, och de fungerar bäst i öppen terräng och mot större fiendeformationer. Nu opererar ju inte Ukrainas försvarsmakt på detta sätt, man vill undvika stora frontala sammanstötningar där ryssarna kan utnyttja sin större eldkraft. " inte längre är giltig eftersom det nu blir fråga om denna typ av krigföring. Det betyder att Ukraina måste (bl.a.) inrikta sig på att förstöra så många TOS-system som möjligt.
Ukraina har precis förstört det 25:e TOS-1A-systemet. Hur många fler sådana system har Ryssland? Som bekant tryter åtminstone sovjetiska pansarfordon...
Enceladus

Inlägg av Enceladus »

dr Cassandra Nojdh skrev: tisdag 07 maj 2024 10:50 Min kommentar rörde någonting helt annat, nämligen GLSDB och GBU-39
Boeing Is Haunted By Years Of Aggressive Bidding On Defense Contracts
Forbes skrev:That competitors like Lockheed Martin and General Dynamics have reported healthy profits despite those concerns points to an uncomfortable difference for Boeing, which reported a net loss of $3.3 billion for the quarter. It has much less of a margin for error because of decisions it made during the past decade, when its commercial jetliner business was booming, to bid low on big Pentagon contracts that were offered on a fixed-price basis, meaning the winner had to swallow any cost overruns.

[...]

Chief among them is the long-troubled KC-46A aerial refueling tanker, which Boeing booked a $1.2 billion reach-forward loss on in the third quarter, bringing its total charges on the program since 2014 to $6.6 billion. Boeing won the U.S. Air Force contract to develop and produce the tanker in 2011 with a lowball bid to beat out Airbus that was motivated by a desire to keep its European arch-competitor from establishing production facilities in the U.S., says Loren Thompson, an industry consultant and chief operating officer at the Lexington Institute. The victory proved Pyrrhic, as Boeing has faced years of delays on the tanker and struggled to fix a faulty vision system that allows operators to guide the refueling boom to connect with aircraft, while Airbus ended up establishing a factory in Alabama where it’s assembling A320 and A220 passenger planes.

[...]

Two factors fueled Boeing’s low-ball bidding: years of fat profits on its 737 and 787 passenger jets and a string of losses in major weapons competitions, including the Joint Strike Fighter (won by Lockheed) and Long-Range Strike Bomber (Northrop Grumman), that threatened to consign its defense business to a collection of declining legacy programs.
Det är allmänt känt att Boeings civila del har subventionerat den militära. Sedan kom pandemin, och resten är historia. GLSDB kan mycket väl ha drabbats.
dr Cassandra Nojdh skrev: tisdag 07 maj 2024 10:50 Beträffande den första bemannade Starlinerfärden så har den inget med detta att göra heller. Problemen där var dessutom inte relaterade till rymdfarkosten utan till bärraketen.
Notera emellertid att den aktuella bärraketen Atlas V har en rysk raketmotor, RD-180. Endast rikemän kan leverera i USA - valet står mellan Musk och Bezos:
Defense News skrev:On Jan. 8, United Launch Alliance successfully launched its first Vulcan rocket. Driven by a goal to end ULA’s reliance on a Russian-built engine, which powered Vulcan’s predecessor, the launch capped almost a decade of work and U.S. government support to build an engine and rocket to succeed ULA’s venerable Atlas V and Delta IV launch vehicles.

[...]

Though Congress mandated that the Department of Defense produce a replacement domestic engine for use on military launches starting in 2019, the first flight of the replacement engine — Blue Origin’s BE-4 — was the inaugural Vulcan launch. Meanwhile, in 2015, SpaceX’s Falcon 9 was certified for military launch contracts, and the company quickly established itself as a reliable government launch partner.
Den som inte vill förlita sig på en diktatur får sätta sin tillit till någon av dessa två herrar!

SpaceX ties record with 20th Falcon 9 booster re-use in Galileo L12 launch
UPI skrev:SpaceX has tied its own record with the 20th use of a Falcon 9 booster with its latest and final mission, the launch of a European Union Galileo L12 navigation and positioning satellite.

[...]

It was the final mission for the booster, marking the first time a first-stage has been expended during a mission since November 2022 -- some 146 flights ago. The record of 20 flights for a Falcon 9 was set earlier this month by a different booster during a launch of some Starlink Internet satellites.
Som bekant har Europa valt Musk. Ja, vad är ens alternativet?

Exclusive: Ukraine examines N.Korean missile debris amid fears of Moscow-Pyongyang axis
Reuters skrev:Ukrainian state prosecutors say they have examined debris from 21 of around 50 North Korean ballistic missiles launched by Russia between late December and late February, as they seek to assess the threat from Moscow's cooperation with Pyongyang.

[...]

"About half of the North Korean missiles lost their programmed trajectories and exploded in the air; in such cases the debris was not recovered," Kostin's office said in written answers to Reuters' questions.

[...]

The last recorded use of a KN-23 was on Feb. 27, the prosecutor's office said, adding that the total number of launches it has identified tallied with intelligence showing North Korea delivered about 50 ballistic missiles to Russia.
Ryssland behöver hjälp av pariastater som Nordkorea och Iran:
BBC skrev:By buying Pyongyang's weapons, Moscow is now violating the very sanctions it once voted for as a member of the UN Security Council. Then earlier this year it effectively disbanded a UN panel that monitored sanctions breaches, likely to avoid scrutiny.

"We are witnessing the real-time crumbling of UN sanctions against North Korea, which buys Pyongyang a lot of breathing space", Mr Byrne said.

[...]

He predicts going forward that North Korea will become a big supplier of missiles to countries in the China-Russia-Iran bloc. In the wake of Iran's assault on Israel this month, the US said it was "incredibly concerned" that North Korea could be working with Iran on its nuclear and ballistic weapons programmes.

"I see a lot of gloomy faces when we talk about this problem," said Mr Spleeters. "But the good news is that now we know how reliant they are on foreign technology, we can do something about it".
Det känns inte särskilt lockande att köpa raketmotorer av sådana länder!
Användarens profilbild
dr Cassandra Nojdh

Enceladus skrev: tisdag 07 maj 2024 18:33
dr Cassandra Nojdh skrev: tisdag 07 maj 2024 10:50 Min kommentar rörde någonting helt annat, nämligen GLSDB och GBU-39
Boeing Is Haunted By Years Of Aggressive Bidding On Defense Contracts
Forbes skrev:That competitors like Lockheed Martin and General Dynamics have reported healthy profits despite those concerns points to an uncomfortable difference for Boeing, which reported a net loss of $3.3 billion for the quarter. It has much less of a margin for error because of decisions it made during the past decade, when its commercial jetliner business was booming, to bid low on big Pentagon contracts that were offered on a fixed-price basis, meaning the winner had to swallow any cost overruns.

[...]

Chief among them is the long-troubled KC-46A aerial refueling tanker, which Boeing booked a $1.2 billion reach-forward loss on in the third quarter, bringing its total charges on the program since 2014 to $6.6 billion. Boeing won the U.S. Air Force contract to develop and produce the tanker in 2011 with a lowball bid to beat out Airbus that was motivated by a desire to keep its European arch-competitor from establishing production facilities in the U.S., says Loren Thompson, an industry consultant and chief operating officer at the Lexington Institute. The victory proved Pyrrhic, as Boeing has faced years of delays on the tanker and struggled to fix a faulty vision system that allows operators to guide the refueling boom to connect with aircraft, while Airbus ended up establishing a factory in Alabama where it’s assembling A320 and A220 passenger planes.

[...]

Two factors fueled Boeing’s low-ball bidding: years of fat profits on its 737 and 787 passenger jets and a string of losses in major weapons competitions, including the Joint Strike Fighter (won by Lockheed) and Long-Range Strike Bomber (Northrop Grumman), that threatened to consign its defense business to a collection of declining legacy programs.
Det är allmänt känt att Boeings civila del har subventionerat den militära. Sedan kom pandemin, och resten är historia. GLSDB kan mycket väl ha drabbats.
"kan mycket väl....". Det är ju tomt prat och "guilt by association"

M.a.o. gissningar och grundlösa spekulationer, bara.
Senast redigerad av dr Cassandra Nojdh den tisdag 07 maj 2024 20:19, redigerad totalt 1 gånger.
Användarens profilbild
dr Cassandra Nojdh

Enceladus skrev: tisdag 07 maj 2024 18:33
dr Cassandra Nojdh skrev: tisdag 07 maj 2024 10:50 Beträffande den första bemannade Starlinerfärden så har den inget med detta att göra heller. Problemen där var dessutom inte relaterade till rymdfarkosten utan till bärraketen.
Notera emellertid att den aktuella bärraketen Atlas V har en rysk raketmotor, RD-180. Endast rikemän kan leverera i USA - valet står mellan Musk och Bezos:
Defense News skrev:On Jan. 8, United Launch Alliance successfully launched its first Vulcan rocket. Driven by a goal to end ULA’s reliance on a Russian-built engine, which powered Vulcan’s predecessor, the launch capped almost a decade of work and U.S. government support to build an engine and rocket to succeed ULA’s venerable Atlas V and Delta IV launch vehicles.

[...]

Though Congress mandated that the Department of Defense produce a replacement domestic engine for use on military launches starting in 2019, the first flight of the replacement engine — Blue Origin’s BE-4 — was the inaugural Vulcan launch. Meanwhile, in 2015, SpaceX’s Falcon 9 was certified for military launch contracts, and the company quickly established itself as a reliable government launch partner.
Den som inte vill förlita sig på en diktatur får sätta sin tillit till någon av dessa två herrar!

SpaceX ties record with 20th Falcon 9 booster re-use in Galileo L12 launch
UPI skrev:SpaceX has tied its own record with the 20th use of a Falcon 9 booster with its latest and final mission, the launch of a European Union Galileo L12 navigation and positioning satellite.

[...]

It was the final mission for the booster, marking the first time a first-stage has been expended during a mission since November 2022 -- some 146 flights ago. The record of 20 flights for a Falcon 9 was set earlier this month by a different booster during a launch of some Starlink Internet satellites.
Som bekant har Europa valt Musk. Ja, vad är ens alternativet?
Var vänlig ge :evil: i att dra in rymdfartsäventyr i tråden.
Enceladus

Inlägg av Enceladus »

Enceladus skrev: onsdag 15 mars 2023 18:26 Varifrån kommer manskapet? Ryssland har inte längre de demografiska förutsättningarna för ett utdraget utnötningskrig.
The Five Futures of Russia: And How America Can Prepare for Whatever Comes Next
Foreign Affairs skrev:Demography is a special sore point for Russia’s blood-and-soil nationalists, not to mention the military brass and many ordinary people. Since 1992, despite considerable immigration, Russia’s population has shrunk. Its working-age population peaked in 2006 at around 90 million and stands at less than 80 million today, a calamitous trend. Spending on the war in Ukraine has boosted Russia’s defense industrial base, but the limits of the country’s diminished labor force are becoming ever more evident even in that high-priority sector, which has around five million fewer qualified workers than it needs. The proportion of workers who are in the most productive age group—20 to 39—will further decline over the next decade. Nothing, not even kidnapping children from Ukraine, for which the International Criminal Court indicted Putin, will reverse the loss of Russians, which the war’s exorbitant casualties are compounding.

Productivity gains that might offset these demographic trends are nowhere in sight. Russia ranks nearly last in the world in the scale and speed of automation in production: its robotization is just a microscopic fraction of the world average. Even before the widened war in Ukraine began to eat into the state budget, Russia placed surprisingly low in global rankings of education spending. In the past two years, Putin has willingly forfeited much of the country’s economic future when he induced or forced thousands of young tech workers to flee conscription and repression. True, these are people that rabid nationalists claim not to miss, but deep down many know that a great power needs them.

[...]

Russia’s world is effectively shrinking despite its occupation of nearly 20 percent of Ukraine. Territorially, it is now farther from the heart of Europe (Kaliningrad excepted) than at any time since the conquests of Peter the Great and Catherine the Great. More than three centuries after appearing on the Pacific, moreover, Russia has never succeeded at becoming an Asian power. That was true even when World War II presented it with opportunities to avenge itself against Japan for the defeat Russia suffered at its hands in 1905, to reestablish the tsar’s position in Chinese Manchuria, and to extend its grasp to part of the Korean Peninsula. Russia will never be culturally at home in Asia, and its already minuscule population east of Lake Baikal has contracted since the Soviet collapse.

Russia’s influence in its immediate neighborhood has been diminishing, too. The bulk of non-Russians in the former Soviet borderlands want less and less to do with their former overlord and certainly do not want to be reabsorbed by it. Armenians are embittered, Kazakhs are wary, and Belarusians are trapped and unhappy about it. Eurasianism and Slavophilism are mostly dead letters: the overwhelming majority of the world’s non-Russian Slavs joined or are clamoring to join the European Union and NATO. Without Russia menacing its European neighbors, NATO’s reason for being becomes uncertain. But that means Russia could break NATO only by developing into a durable rule-of-law state, precisely what Putin resists with all his being.

There is no basis for Russia to serve as a global focal point, drawing countries toward it. Its economic model offers little inspiration. It can ill afford to serve as a major donor of aid. It is less able to sell weapons—it needs them itself and is even trying to buy back systems it has sold—and has been reduced in some cases to bartering with other pariah states. It has lost its strong position as a provider of satellites. It belongs to a pariah club with Iran and North Korea, exuberantly exchanging weapons, flouting international law, and promising much further trouble. It’s not difficult to imagine each betraying the other at the next better opportunity, however, provided they do not unravel first; the West is more resilient than the “partnerships” of the anti-West. Even many former Soviet partners that refused to condemn Russia over Ukraine, including India and South Africa, do not view Moscow as a developmental partner but as scaffolding for boosting their own sovereignty. Russia’s foreign policy delivers at best tactical gains, not strategic ones: no enhanced human capital, no assured access to leading-edge technology, no inward investment and new infrastructure, no improved governance, and no willing mutually obliged treaty allies, which are the keys to building and sustaining modern power. Besides raw materials and political thuggery, the only things Russia exports are talented people.
Historikern Stephen Kotkin har publicerat en läsvärd artikel om Rysslands bleka framtid. Han beskriver fem möjliga scenarier: "France as Russia", "Russia retrenched", "Russia as vassal", "Russia as North Korea" samt "Russia in chaos". Han ser inget scenario där Ryssland utgör en egen pol i en multipolär värld.

Demografin är ett av landets bekymmer. Putin försökte lindra problemet genom att anamma massinvandring - en av få saker som han gjorde rätt i - men han skrämde också iväg sina bästa. Vidare fick han betala priset i form av en etnonationalistisk opposition som består än idag. I Europa är dessa Putins vänner...

Global Electricity Review 2024
Ember skrev:In 2023, growth in solar and wind pushed the world past 30% renewable electricity for the first time. Renewables have expanded from 19% of global electricity in 2000, driven by an increase in solar and wind from 0.2% in 2000 to a record 13.4% in 2023. China was the main contributor in 2023, accounting for 51% of the additional global solar generation and 60% of new global wind generation. Combined with nuclear, the world generated almost 40% of its electricity from low-carbon sources in 2023. As a result, the CO2 intensity of global power generation reached a new record low, 12% lower than its peak in 2007.

[...]

Global electricity demand rose to a record high in 2023, with an increase of 627 TWh which is equivalent to adding the entire demand of Canada (+607 TWh). Nevertheless, the 2023 increase of 2.2% was below the average for recent years, due to a pronounced decrease in demand in OECD countries, notably the US (-1.4%) and the EU (-3.4%). In contrast, the rapid demand growth in China (+6.9%) was equivalent to the total global growth in demand in 2023. More than half of the electricity demand rise in 2023 was from five technologies: electric vehicles (EVs), heat pumps, electrolysers, air conditioning and data centres. The spread of these technologies will accelerate the growth in electricity demand, but overall energy demand will decline as electrification is much more efficient than fossil fuels.

Ember forecasts fossil generation to fall slightly in 2024, leading to larger falls in subsequent years. Demand growth in 2024 is expected to be higher than in 2023 (+968 TWh) but clean generation growth is forecast to be even greater (+1300 TWh), leading to a 2% fall in global fossil generation (-333 TWh). Already the rollout of clean generation, led by solar and wind, has helped to slow the growth in fossil fuels by almost two-thirds in the last ten years. As a result, half the world’s economies are already at least five years past a peak in electricity generation from fossil fuels. OECD countries are at the forefront of this, with power sector emissions collectively peaking in 2007 and falling 28% since then.
Som sagt, tiden är inte på Rysslands sida. Både Kina och Indien föredrar dessutom det inhemska kolet framför olja och gas - på grund av nationell säkerhet!

Tillägg: Carbon Brief har som vanligt en bra sammanfattning av Embers rapport. Den brittiska webbplatsen har förstås också en bra artikel om sitt hemland.
Senast redigerad av Enceladus den onsdag 08 maj 2024 14:42, redigerad totalt 2 gång.
Användarens profilbild
dr Cassandra Nojdh

Ja, det är många som försöker spekulera om framtiden. Sådana utläggningar får lätt inslag av önsketänkande.

Mera fruktbart är i så fall att studera vägen till där vi befinner oss nu, från Sovjetunionens kollaps. Det förflutna har nämligen fördelen av att vara åtkomligt för studier. Där har jag tidigare lämnat några litteraturanvisningar:
viewtopic.php?p=416923#p416923

viewtopic.php?p=419538#p419538

författade av välrenommerade svenska forskare.
Användarens profilbild
dr Cassandra Nojdh

Tsar Vladimir III (blir det väl) har i alla fall avlagt sina "löften": Vladimir Putin: Russia's modern-day tsar sworn in for fifth term

Vad de nu är värda. Och imorgon är det "segerdagen". Vad ska han då visa upp?
Enceladus

Inlägg av Enceladus »

dr Cassandra Nojdh skrev: onsdag 08 maj 2024 13:07 Ja, det är många som försöker spekulera om framtiden. Sådana utläggningar får lätt inslag av önsketänkande.
Expert: Risk för att Putin angriper Baltikum
DN skrev:Den ryska staten blir samtidigt mer instabil, med konflikter mellan maktcentra som säkerhetstjänsten och försvarsdepartementet. Även relationen mellan den styrande makten i Kreml och de etniska minoritetsrepublikerna är skakig.

– Det kommer att bli allt svårare att styra Ryssland. Man kan tänka sig att man får se liknande saker som förra sommaren med Prigozjins kuppförsök, säger von Essen och syftar på Wagnergruppens före detta ledare som dog i en flygkrasch förra året.

Ekonomin väntas bli allt sämre. Ryssland har ställt om till krigsekonomi och närmare hälften av landets statsbudget läggs på invasionen av Ukraina. Försvarsindustrin går på högvarv och staten betalar ut höga löner till soldaterna. Det finns betydligt mindre pengar över till saker som barnomsorg, vård och pensioner.

[...]

Putin är nu 71 år. När den nuvarande presidentperioden är över är han 77 – hur länge kan han sitta kvar?

Carolina Vendil Pallin noterar att den ryske ledaren inte har matchat fram någon arvtagare. Hon har svårt att se att han förbereder sig på att lämna över makten – tvärtom verkar han stärka sitt grepp.

– Det finns en inneboende instabilitet inom personalistiska auktoritära system som har att göra med successionsfrågan. En partidiktatur har strukturer för att lämna över makten, men det har man inte i Ryssland eftersom allt är uppbyggt kring Putin som person, säger hon.
Hugo von Essen på Utrikespolitiska institutet och Carolina Vendil Pallin på Totalförsvarets forskningsinstitut spekulerar om de närmaste åren. Gerontokrati!
dr Cassandra Nojdh skrev: onsdag 08 maj 2024 22:24 Obegripligt att man ens överväger medlemskap för det landet i EU och/eller Nato. Räcker det inte med Orban?
Austria's Rapprochement with NATO in the Context of Geopolitical Tensions
Vindobona skrev:In a new development, Austria and three other traditionally neutral countries - Ireland, Malta, and Switzerland - are seeking to deepen their relationship with the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO). This move is part of a strategic response to the increasingly volatile geopolitical situation in Europe, particularly in light of the ongoing conflict in Ukraine.

Shortly before Christmas last year, the diplomats of these four countries sent a significant letter to NATO containing clear proposals for more intensive cooperation, as reported by DiePresse. This "non-paper" emphasized the importance of a stronger partnership given the European security situation. The initiators, known as the WEP4 (Western European Partners), call for regular exchanges, participation in additional military exercises, and privileged access to sensitive documents and information - all based on mutual trust and existing security agreements.

The Austrian government and its partners emphasize that neutrality alone no longer offers adequate security. Against the backdrop of the Russian war of aggression against Ukraine and a situation in Europe that is generally perceived as insecure, the desire to move closer to NATO seems to be a logical consequence. However, as has been emphasized several times, official NATO membership is not part of the discussions.
Spioncentralen Österrike, skatteparadiset Irland, passförsäljaren Malta och penningtvättaren Schweiz vill både äta kakan och ha den kvar. Hade Trump rätt?

Trump: ‘Not the time’ for Greene’s effort to boot Johnson as Speaker
The Hill skrev:Trump gently criticized Greene, one of his most ardent supporters in the House, moments after the House overwhelmingly voted to torpedo the congresswoman’s measure to oust the GOP leader.

[...]

Trump encouraged Republicans to vote for the motion to table Greene’s effort, though his post went up after the vote had already occurred.

The chamber voted 359-43-7 to block Greene’s motion to vacate before it hit the floor for a vote. Eleven House Republicans voted against the motion to table.
Det är alltid lätt att ha rätt med facit i hand!

EU agrees to arm Ukraine using profits from Russian state assets
Financial Times skrev:Of that, 90 per cent would be used for buying arms and military equipment for Kyiv’s forces, while the remaining 10 per cent would be used for reconstruction. That split assuages concerns by militarily neutral EU countries Austria, Malta, Cyprus and Ireland who want a share of profits to finance non-military purposes.

[...]

Belgium, which levies a 25 per cent corporate tax, has earned about €​​1.6bn since the start of the war from Euroclear’s profits linked to Russian assets. Prime Minister Alexander De Croo said his country allocated those revenues “to Ukraine-related expenses”.

This year, tax revenue from Euroclear linked to Russian assets is expected to rise to €1.7bn, of which €1bn has been earmarked for military aid to Kyiv, according to the Belgian government.
Ständigt dessa "neutrala" länder som vill göra affärer med skurkar. Belgien profiterar i alla fall inte på sin bankverksamhet, vilket Schweiz tveklöst hade gjort...
Senast redigerad av Enceladus den torsdag 09 maj 2024 5:22, redigerad totalt 1 gånger.
Enceladus

Inlägg av Enceladus »

Enceladus skrev: onsdag 14 februari 2024 19:49 Will hydrogen overtake batteries in the race for zero-emission cars?
The Guardian skrev:Our EV mythbusters series has looked at concerns ranging from car fires to battery mining, range anxiety to cost concerns and carbon footprints. Many critics of electric vehicles argue that we should not ditch petrol and diesel engines. This article asks: could hydrogen offer a third way and overtake the battery?

[...]

Michael Liebreich, the chair of Liebreich Associates and the founder of the analyst firm Bloomberg New Energy Finance, created an influential “hydrogen ladder” – a league table ranking hydrogen uses on whether there are cheaper, easier or more likely options. He placed hydrogen for cars in “the row of doom”, with very little chance of even a niche market.

Can hydrogen overtake batteries in cars? “The answer is no,” said Liebreich, without a moment’s hesitation. Carmakers betting on a large share for hydrogen are “just wrong”, and heading for an expensive disappointment, he added.
Energiexperter tror mest på batterielektriska fordon - inklusive bussar. Solaris stod för 37,2 procent av fjolårets 207 bränslecellsbussar, en liten nischmarknad.
Why Ukraine Should Keep Striking Russian Oil Refineries: Washington’s Fears About Energy Markets Are Misplaced
Foreign Affairs skrev:Washington’s criticism is misplaced: attacks on oil refineries will not have the effect on global energy markets that U.S. officials fear. These s​trikes reduce Russia’s ability to turn its oil into usable products; they do not affect the volume of oil it can extract or export. In fact, with less domestic refining capacity, Russia will be forced to export more of its crude oil, not less, pushing global prices down rather than up. Indeed, Russian firms have already started selling more unrefined oil overseas. As long as they remain restricted to Russian refineries, the attacks are unlikely to raise the price of oil for Western consumers.

[...]

So far, Russian consumers have been largely shielded from these wholesale price increases. But in the last week of April, retail diesel prices jumped by ten percent. This lag suggests either that oil companies are earning slimmer margins, at the expense of their oligarch owners, or that the Kremlin has raised public fuel subsidies, diverting money it could have spent on the war in Ukraine. According to some reports, the Russian government may also consider lifting restrictions on low-quality gasoline usage to prevent a fuel shortage, a move that risks damaging engines, placing further strain on an already weak military vehicle maintenance capacity and rendering void the warranties of foreign-made vehicles. Altogether, the political, economic, and military costs are mounting for the Kremlin as the strikes on oil refineries continue.

[...]

Ukrainian strikes on Russian oil refineries are now doing what the sanctions regime has not. Without compromising global energy supply or driving up prices, the attacks are eating into Russian revenues and curtailing Russia’s ability to turn crude oil into the kinds of fuel that tanks and planes need to run. As long as Ukrainian forces avoid hitting crude oil pipelines or major crude oil export terminals, they can maintain this balance.
Energiexperten Michael Liebreich är tillbaka! Han är väldigt duktig på att dissekera tom retorik från politiker, inte minst avseende vätgas (han sågar rysk gas):

Ukraina har precis slagit till mot ännu en oljedepå, denna gång i Krasnodar kraj. Antalet bekräftade förluster utgör 15 724 enheter, varav 3 000 stridsvagnar:
Jakub Janovsky skrev:The split of documented Russian tank losses by platform:

T-54/55: 8
T-62: 136
T-64: 92
T-72: 1441
T-80: 840
T-90: 136
unknown tank: 347
--------------
total: 3000
Försöker Ryssland upprätta ett museum i ockuperade områden? De äldsta stridsvagnarna är ju från andra världskriget. Detta motsvarar 15 års nyproduktion!
Senast redigerad av Enceladus den torsdag 09 maj 2024 11:30, redigerad totalt 1 gånger.
Skriv svar