Inför Ryssarnas invasion (2022)

Livet handlar inte bara om spårvagnar och lokaltrafik. Här kan det diskuteras om andra ting. (endast för registrerade användare)

Moderatorer: Jourmaster, Infomaster

Kategoriregler
Livet handlar inte bara om spårvagnar och lokaltrafik. Här kan det diskuteras om andra ting. (endast för registrerade användare)
Allmänna forumregler
Användarens profilbild
dr Cassandra Nojdh

Re: Inför Ryssarnas invasion (2022)

Inlägg av dr Cassandra Nojdh »

De ryska banditerna höjer insatserna genom att förstöra Kakhovka-dammen, något som jag förutsåg redan i september 2022:
viewtopic.php?p=409156#p409156

Bild
Fullständig dammkollaps. Resterna av den västra betongdammdelen t.v. i bild.

]Bild
Det förstörda vattenkraftverket. Genombrottet i kraftverkets maskinbyggnad tyder på att det har orsakats av sprängladdningar placerade där.

Kanske är det som Enceladus-kollektivet skrev då:
Enceladus skrev: torsdag 20 oktober 2022 23:29 Zelensky: Russia mines Kakhovka dam, threatens to flood Kherson
The Kyiv Independent skrev:"If Russia is preparing such a terrorist attack, if it is seriously considering such a scenario, it means that the terrorists are very clearly aware that they will not be able to hold not only to Kherson but the entire south of our country, including Crimea," Zelensky said in his evening address. He said that the world needs to make it clear to Russia that attacks on the Kakhovka dam "will mean exactly the same as the use of weapons of mass destruction."
Det skulle inte vara första gången Ryssland använder den brända jordens taktik, men då tvingas Putin erkänna sig besegrad.
Katastrofförfattaren Wilderäng publicerade redan i oktober 2022 en modell över vad ett dammbrott vid Kakhovka skulle betyda nedströms i Dnepr-dalen: Worst case modelling for Nova Kakhovka dam break (UPDATED)
Senast redigerad av dr Cassandra Nojdh den tisdag 06 juni 2023 9:47, redigerad totalt 1 gånger.
Så kommer turen till Soccomoro alias Jazzbacillen alias dr Cassandra Nöjdh alias Durkdrivna Doris etc. (ljudkonst av Lars-Gunnar Bodin): "Låt oss tala klarspråk och rinna ut i sanden".
Användarens profilbild
dr Cassandra Nojdh

Så kommer turen till Soccomoro alias Jazzbacillen alias dr Cassandra Nöjdh alias Durkdrivna Doris etc. (ljudkonst av Lars-Gunnar Bodin): "Låt oss tala klarspråk och rinna ut i sanden".
Enceladus

Inlägg av Enceladus »

Russia's oil and gas revenue plunged in May as sanctions and dwindling exports weigh on Moscow's energy trade
Markets Insider skrev:According to the country's Finance Ministry, last month's revenue from oil and gas taxes sank 36% from a year ago to 570.7 billion rubles, or about $7 billion.

Revenue from crude and petroleum products slid 31% to 425.8 billion rubles, while gas revenue plummeted 46% 145 billion rubles. That's despite higher income from a mineral extraction tax on gas, which was not enough to cover export duty losses.

[...]

The drop in energy revenue also comes as Russia faces other economic difficulties. A historic labor shortage is pulling down industrial output, which fell 5% in April from the prior month.

And Finland's central bank has said Russia is going through "reverse industrialization," likely to face limited growth and a bleak future.
Rysslands intäkter på försäljning av olja och gas fortsätter att minska. Vidare genomgår landet en "omvänd industrialisering" enligt Finlands centralbank.
dr Cassandra Nojdh skrev: fredag 16 december 2022 14:20 ESA har inget behov av att bygga egna bemannade rymdfarkoster, det blir för dyrt.
European agency aims to develop spacecraft to take astronauts to Moon
Financial Times skrev:Speaking to the Financial Times ahead of the FT Investing in Space summit in London, Aschbacher said developing an independent human launch capability was crucial for Europe to catch up in a rapidly evolving global race to space.

“What is happening in the US, China and India is quite impressive,” he said. “If you step back and see where Europe stands globally, you see that Europe has not engaged at the same level. I see so many opportunities, some of them lost opportunities.”

A recent independent report commissioned by ESA on human and robotic exploration of space found that more than 100 lunar missions before 2030 had been announced, by both national space agencies and private companies. “At present, Europe is only leading two of them,” it stated.

[...]

At present, ESA is working as a junior partner with the US space agency Nasa on lunar exploration projects. “There is no timetable agreed [with Nasa] on when a European astronaut will be on the moon,” said Aschbacher, “but my hope is that we can achieve this before the end of the decade.”

[...]

However, Europe is still struggling to resolve a crisis over existing satellite launch capability after losing access to Soyuz rockets following Russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine. Its Ariane 5 rocket, which in April launched Europe’s €1.6bn Juice spacecraft on a mission to Jupiter’s icy moons, is due to make its last flight this month, while the successor Ariane 6 has been subject to years of delay. The new Vega C rocket is grounded pending an investigation into a failed mission last year.
Nya tider kräver nya tankesätt. Europa vill inte förbli ett geopolitiskt bihang till USA. Notera även Rysslands frånvaro - pengarna läggs ju istället på kriget.

Russia sells gold and yuan from its National Wealth Fund to finance budget deficit
Kitco News skrev:Russia's central bank sold four tonnes of gold and 2.59 billion yuan (USD$365 million) from the National Wealth Fund (NWF) accounts to raise additional money to finance the budget deficit, according to the Finance Ministry.

The sale took place in May and helped allocate 48.97 billion rubles (USD$606 million) to fund the deficit.

[...]

The Finance Ministry blamed May's low oil and gas revenues for the deficit, which fell 36% from the same period last year. In May, oil and gas revenues were 30.6 billion roubles (USD$379 million) below expectations. In June, the ministry expects a 44-billion-rouble shortfall (USD$545 million) from federal energy revenues.
Går allt fortfarande enligt plan? :roll:

Pistorius: Russian arms for India not in German interests
DW skrev:It's not in Germany's interest for India to remain dependent on Russian weapons, German Defense Minister Boris Pistorius said on Monday during a tour of the region to shore up defense partnerships.

[...]

"I want to send a signal that we are willing to support our partners, our reliable partners like Indonesia, like India," he said. "And that includes, for example, the possibility of delivering submarines."

[...]

He said Germany will reconsider its export controls to support the defense capacity of "reliable partners" in the region.

[...]

He said Ukraine is allowed under international law to attack Russia out of self-defense, but added that Germany has always stressed it does not want German tanks or other weapons be used within Russia's borders.

Pistorius said he has not received any signals form Kyiv that it would go against Germany's wishes in this respect.
Som sagt, nya tider kräver nya tankesätt - både i Östeuropa och i den indo-pacifiska regionen.

Germany Nears $5.2 Billion Deal to Build Submarines in India
Bloomberg skrev:Thyssenkrupp AG’s marine arm and India’s Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited are likely to jointly bid for a project worth an estimated $5.2 billion to build six submarines for the Indian navy, according to people with knowledge of the matter, who asked not to be identified as the details are confidential.

[...]

The Kiel-based defense contractor had shown no interest in jointly manufacturing subs in India when the tender was announced two years ago. With the war in Ukraine now in its second year and China moving in lockstep with Russia on the war, the West, and in particular Germany, are placing their bets on India becoming a bulwark against Beijing’s growing diplomatic and military assertiveness.

[...]

Scholz wants German and European defense companies to step up their efforts to supply New Delhi with modern military gear as a way to help Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government wean off its dependence on Russia in the defense sector.

[...]

India, which is part of the so-called Quad grouping that includes Japan, US and Australia, has been pushing for these countries and European allies to share technology to build submarines. However there’s been a general reluctance to pass on technology given India’s proximity to Russia and Modi’s “Make in India” policy to boost local manufacturing and create jobs.
Världspolitiken befinner sig i ett epokskifte. Tyskland överger sina gamla principer om vapenförsäljning för att begränsa Rysslands inflytande.
Enceladus

Inlägg av Enceladus »

Did Video Show Ukraine Combat Vehicle Camouflaged as a House?
Newsweek skrev:A short video appearing to show a "house" moving through a field in Ukraine was shared widely on Twitter and Reddit on Monday, with captions claiming it was a camouflaged Ukrainian tank or another type of combat vehicle.

[...]

Other news reports from the same time period corroborate the story, detailing that the "house on wheels" was in fact a pet project of a farmer in the Dnipro region of Ukraine, who converted his old "Zaporozhets"—a Beetle-like Soviet-era mini—into a "real home," complete with a functioning stove and embroidered wall decorations.

"Local craftsman Mykola Deka noted that there were problems with the cutting of the 'Zaporozhets' during construction," the article notes. "So his brother lent a hand to connect the different parts. The motor was hidden from view, and the driver's seat was built into the floor. Cameras were installed, replacing the side mirrors."
En sak är säker: Ukraina saknar inte kreativitet!

U.S. had intelligence of detailed Ukrainian plan to attack Nord Stream pipeline
Washington Post skrev:The intelligence report was based on information obtained from an individual in Ukraine. The source’s information could not immediately be corroborated, but the CIA shared the report with Germany and other European countries last June, according to multiple officials familiar with the matter, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive intelligence operations and diplomatic discussions.

[...]

The European intelligence made clear that the would-be attackers were not rogue operatives. All those involved reported directly to Gen. Valerii Zaluzhnyi, the country’s highest-ranking military officer, who was put in charge so that Ukraine’s president, Volodymyr Zelensky, wouldn’t know about the operation, the intelligence report said.

Keeping Zelensky out of the loop would have given the Ukrainian leader a plausible way to deny involvement in an audacious attack on civilian infrastructure that could ignite public outrage and jeopardize Western support to Ukraine — particularly in Germany, which before the war got half its natural gas from Russia and had long championed the project in the face of opposition from other European allies.
USA påstås ha känt till en ukrainsk plan om att attackera Nord Stream. Varken ukrainska befattningshavare, CIA eller Vita huset kommenterar uppgifterna.

US intelligence points to Russia being behind Ukraine dam attack - NBC News
Reuters skrev:U.S. intelligence is pointing to Russia being behind the destruction of a massive dam in Ukraine, NBC News reported on Tuesday.
Som väntat pekar USA:s underrättelsetjänst ut Ryssland som ansvarigt för nattens attack mot den ukrainska kraftverksdammen vid Nova Kachovka.

Serbia backs ammunition shipments to Ukraine in westward pivot
Financial Times skrev:The Serbian president said he is not opposed to his country selling ammunition to intermediaries who ship it to Ukraine, in a sign that Russia’s staunch Balkan ally is pivoting westwards.

[...]

He added that the times when he spoke to Russian president Vladimir Putin every three months were over, pointing out that he has not been in contact with the Kremlin for a year except for receiving visitors from Moscow. “That never happened before,” he said.

[...]

Serbia’s strong links with Russia and its potential to disrupt regional security have led western capitals to adopt a more lenient stance towards Belgrade, said defence intelligence firm Janes.
Vad har Ryssland att erbjuda nuförtiden? :roll:
Senast redigerad av Enceladus den tisdag 06 juni 2023 22:59, redigerad totalt 1 gånger.
Användarens profilbild
dr Cassandra Nojdh

Enceladus skrev: tisdag 06 juni 2023 18:45
Reuters skrev:U.S. intelligence is pointing to Russia being behind the destruction of a massive dam in Ukraine, NBC News reported on Tuesday.
Som väntat pekar USA:s underrättelsetjänst ut Ryssland som ansvarigt för nattens attack mot den ukrainska kraftverksdammen vid Nova Kachovka.
Ja, men det är ju uppenbart, som jag skrev redan i morse:
dr Cassandra Nojdh skrev: tisdag 06 juni 2023 8:52 De ryska banditerna höjer insatserna genom att förstöra Kakhovka-dammen, något som jag förutsåg redan i september 2022:
viewtopic.php?p=409156#p409156
Ukraina har givetvis ingenting att vinna på en sådan operation, och dessutom inte någon fysisk möjlighet att placera ur de sprängladdningar som krävs. Nu sprider iofs. den ryska lögnpropagandan uppgiften att genombrottet i kraftverkets maskinbyggnad åstadkommits med en ukrainsk Vilkha-missil.
Att HIMARS-(M31 - stridsladdning 90 kg)-missiler skulle kunna åstadkomma något sådant är så uppenbart orimligt att ryssarna inte ens försöker påstå det.

MEN - Dels har en Vilkha-missil en stridsladdning på 170-250 kg; att en så pass liten laddning skulle kunna åstadkomma så stora skador som vi ser på bilderna ovan är också orimligt. Dels har Ukraina förmodligen så pass få Vilkha tillgängliga att man spar dem för viktigare uppgifter. Och framför allt, Vilkha har en träffsäkerhet på 10-30 m och Ukraina siktar inte så dåligt.

Men försöka duger, tydligen. De förvirrade och motstridiga kommentarerna från ryskt håll kan förstås vara ren maskirovka men också ett tecken på att ryssarna inte förväntade sig så här pass stora skador. I så fall ytterligare ett exempel på den ryska inkompetensen, även om de ryska ingenjörsförbanden anses tillhöra de bättre delarna av den ryska landstridskrafterna.
Enceladus

Inlägg av Enceladus »

Keeping America close, Russia down, and China far away: How Europeans navigate a competitive world
ECFR skrev:When thinking about China, Europeans do not appear to link it to Europe’s experience of its dependence on Russia and the resulting energy crisis in Europe. The prevailing view in almost every country included in our survey is that the risks and benefits of Europe’s trade and investment relationship with China are balanced; Bulgarians even consider the benefits to outweigh the risks. In no country did most respondents consider Europe’s trade with China to entail more risks than benefits.

However, if Beijing decided to deliver ammunition and weapons to Russia, many Europeans would consider this a red line. On average, 41 per cent would be ready to sanction Beijing in that event, even if that meant seriously damaging Western economies. A minority of 33 per cent, on average, would oppose this.
Européer tycks instämma med Borrells röda linje om vapenleveranser till Ryssland. Iran har i praktiken blivit paria i Europa, till skillnad från Kina.

Iran presents its first hypersonic ballistic missile, state media reports
Reuters skrev:"The precision-guided Fattah hypersonic missile has a range of 1,400 km and it is capable of penetrating all defence shields," Amirali Hajizadeh, the head of the Guards' aerospace force, was quoted as saying by Iranian state media.

[...]

"It can bypass the most advanced anti-ballistic missile systems of the United States and the Zionist regime, including Israel's Iron Dome," Iran's state TV said.
Precis som Rysslands "ostoppbara" Kinzhal-robotar? :roll:
Användarens profilbild
dr Cassandra Nojdh

Banditen Erdogan hjälper sin kompis i Moskva att sprida osäkerhet om vad som verkligen hände när Kakhovka-dammen kollapsade, och låter sina lakejer i turkiska media ge uttryck för detta: Int'l commission could be formed to investigate Kakhovka dam collapse: Turkish president

Bild
Anadolu Ajansi skrev:An international commission could be established for a detailed investigation into the explosion at the Kakhovka dam in Ukraine, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Wednesday.

In a phone call with his Ukrainian counterpart Volodymyr Zelenskyy, Erdogan said the commission can include the participation of experts from Russia, Ukraine, the UN, and the international community, including Türkiye, according to Türkiye's Communications Directorate.

Türkiye is ready to do its best in this regard, Erdogan noted, also expressing that a negotiation method can be followed as in the Black Sea grain initiative.

Emphasizing that it will not be possible to prevent the human losses that occur every day as the conflicts continue, Erdogan told Zelenskyy that Türkiye will resolutely continue its efforts to establish peace between Russia and Ukraine.
Låter ju tjusigt. Men då infinner sig genast några frågor:
  • Hur ska en sådan "kommission" överhuvud taget kunna arbeta när Dnepr-dalen är en krigszon
  • Vad ska en sådan kommission kunna undersöka - ju längre tiden går desto mer förstörd blir dammstrukturen av vattenerosionen
  • Hur ska en så partssammansatt kommission överhuvud taget kunna enas om någonting
Som synes ovan har Erdogan återgått till sin standardmin ( = åskmoln ).

Före valet försökte han i alla fall se lite snäll ut, åtminstone på affischer:
Bild

Nu behövs inte det längre, redan på den andra valdagens kväll, när han utropat sig själv till segrare, hördes hans råa och skrovliga röst när han hotade sina politiska motståndare, och fascisthopen han talade till ropade på dödsstraff.

Tydligen har han också sparkat sin ständigt flinande utrikesminister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu, och ersatt honom men en riktig hardliner, förre underrättelsechefen Hakan Fidan:

Bild

En man i Erdogans smak. Sveriges spinkige utrikesminister får nog svassa ännu mer nu!
Användarens profilbild
dr Cassandra Nojdh

Ja, dvs. alla turkiska medier är väl inte lakejer - ännu. Men de kan väl bli:
Böter för turkiska oppositionella tv-kanaler

Internationellt gäller fortfarande Nato-utpressning, förstås: Turkiet: Sverige behöver ta "konkreta steg"
Turkish, Swedish foreign ministers agree to more talks after permanent joint mechanism meeting

Kombinerat med lite EU-utpressning: Boosting contacts for full membership necessary, Turkish president tells EU
Fair treatment, support for full EU membership to open new horizons in Ankara's ties with Brussels, Recep Tayyip Erdogan tells EU Council chief over phone
Enceladus

Inlägg av Enceladus »

Russian Elite Is Souring on Putin’s Chances of Winning His War
Bloomberg skrev:A mood of deepening gloom is gripping Russia’s elite about prospects for President Vladimir Putin’s war in Ukraine, with even the most optimistic seeing a “frozen” conflict as the best available outcome now for the Kremlin.

[...]

Attacks inside Russia are adding to a sense of insecurity, including the largest drone strikes last week targeting Moscow since the war began. Fighting has spread into the Belgorod region bordering Ukraine, challenging Putin’s image as the guarantor of Russia’s security.

[...]

Putin and his top officials insist Russia will win, even as it’s no longer very clear what would constitute victory after its army failed to seize Kyiv early in the war. There’s no sign of any challenge to his leadership from within his circle.

[...]

Ukraine has ruled out a resolution of the conflict that leaves Russia occupying any of its territory, as it begins to unleash the counteroffensive that’s been months in preparation.
Putin verkar fortfarande tro att han kan vinna, men han blir alltmer ensam om att tycka så.

D-Day dawns for Ukraine
Washington Post skrev:Biden administration officials believe the offensive began on Monday with a Ukrainian thrust south along multiple axes. A major goal is to cut the land bridge across southeastern Ukraine that connects Russia with its occupation forces in Crimea, U.S. officials believe. Part of Ukraine’s strategy appears to be an attack along several lanes, so they can move forces among them to hit targets of greatest opportunity.

Administration officials were encouraged by better-than-expected progress Monday, as Ukrainian units pushed through heavily mined areas to advance between five and 10 kilometers in some areas of the long front. That raised hopes that Ukrainian forces can keep thrusting toward Mariupol, Melitopol and other Russian-held places along the coast — severing the land bridge.
Motoffensiven har börjat, och ukrainska trupper uppges ha vunnit mark kring Lobkove och Robotyne - men inte utan omfattande förluster:

Ukrainian forces suffer ‘stiff resistance’ and losses in assault on Russian lines
CNN skrev:Ukrainian forces have suffered losses in heavy equipment and soldiers as they met greater than expected resistance from Russian forces in their first attempt to breach Russian lines in the east of the country in recent days, two senior US officials tell CNN.

One US official described the losses – which include US supplied MRAP armored personnel vehicles as “significant.”

[...]

Both US officials say the losses are not expected to impact the larger planned Ukrainian counteroffensive. US and western officials long expected the counteroffensive to take time and put Ukrainian personnel and equipment, including Western-supplied systems, at high risk.
Tyvärr är det svårt att avancera utan att förlora materiel, vilket så klart gäller båda sidor!

Antalet visuellt bekräftade ryska förluster utgör nu 10 593 enheter, varav 2 023 stridsvagnar, 82 flygplan, 90 helikoptrar, 10 strids- och 234 spaningsdrönare.
Användarens profilbild
dr Cassandra Nojdh

Bild

En artikel i The WarZone beskriver ovanstående: Russia Has Destroyed Its First Ukrainian Bradley Fighting Vehicles

Zaporizhzhia Oblast är hårt fortifierad och minerad och man får räkna med att ryssarna har samlat mycket eldkraft i form av artilleri i fasta positioner. När Kherson befriades i slutet av 2022 kunde Ukraina undvika direkt konfrontation genom att tvinga fram en rysk reträtt, i och med att man skar av de ryska försörjningslinjerna över Dnepr.

Möjligen visar ovanstående resultatet av ett ryskt luftangrepp. Flygattacker är ett ganska effektivt sätt att bekämpa fientligt pansar och det ryska flygvapnet VKS har ganska gott om flygplan och attackvapen. Se vidare vad jag skrev här:
viewtopic.php?p=413113#p413113
dr Cassandra Nojdh skrev: torsdag 20 april 2023 19:56 Ukrainas största nackdel är ändå att de saknar ett tillräckligt slagkraftigt flygvapen. Det ryska flygvapnet VKS är i stort sett intakt och dess jaktflyg utrustat med betydligt bättre flygplan och missiler än vad Ukraina kan uppbåda. De ukrainska anfallsstyrkorna kommer att vara helt beroende av sitt markbaserade luftvärn för sitt flygskydd. Sviktar detta kommer VKS att sätta in allt vad de har av korträckviddiga attackvapen, som ex.vis Kh-29, Kh-36, Kh-59 eller UPAB-1500 (den sistnämnda är en tung glidflygbomb) för att bekämpa framför allt de ukrainska ingenjörsfordonen när dessa försöker forcera div. slagfälthinder. Lyckas man med det och kan stoppa upp anfallsrörelsen kan det ryska artilleriet sedan göra jobbet klart enligt ovan.
samt den här specifikt om luftkrigföringen: viewtopic.php?p=411058#p411058

Storm Shadow kan göra en del av jobbet åt Ukraina, givet att man har inmätta målkoordinater för viktiga ryska stödjepunkter, men det är inget vapen för massanfall, till skillnad från ovan uppräknade ryska vapensystem.
Enceladus

Inlägg av Enceladus »

dr Cassandra Nojdh skrev: fredag 09 juni 2023 22:42 En artikel i The WarZone beskriver ovanstående: Russia Has Destroyed Its First Ukrainian Bradley Fighting Vehicles

Zaporizhzhia Oblast är hårt fortifierad och minerad och man får räkna med att ryssarna har samlat mycket eldkraft i form av artilleri i fasta positioner. När Kherson befriades i slutet av 2022 kunde Ukraina undvika direkt konfrontation genom att tvinga fram en rysk reträtt, i och med att man skar av de ryska försörjningslinjerna över Dnepr.
The Ukrainian Army Lost Bradley Fighting Vehicles And A Leopard 2 Tank Trying And Failing To Breach Russian Defenses In Southern Ukraine
Forbes skrev:The Ukrainian army’s 33rd Mechanized Brigade and 47th Assault Brigade massed their Leopard tanks and Bradley fighting vehicles for a powerful assault on Russian positions two miles south of Mala Tokmachka in southern Ukraine’s Zaporizhzhia Oblast on or before Thursday morning.

A dense minefield lay between the Ukrainians and their objective. And the Ukrainians knew it. They deployed at least one IMR-2 engineering vehicle and a Leopard 2R breaching vehicle in the hope of plowing away the mines and clearing a path for at least a company of 47th Brigade M-2A2 Bradleys and some attached Leopard 2A6s from the 33rd Brigade.

The engineers failed—either because the minefield was too dense or Russian helicopters or artillery interrupted their efforts to clear the mines. In short order, the IMR-2, a rare Leopard 2A6 and as many as nine Bradleys piled up, out in the open. Exposed, under fire and taking damage, the surviving crews and passengers bailed out—and took their dead and wounded with them.
Forbes beskriver ovanstående händelse på ett mer detaljerat sätt, inklusive den roll som ingenjörstrupper spelar.

British-made tanks are about to sweep Putin’s conscripts aside
The Telegraph skrev:As a former tank commander, I can say one thing for certain: Putin’s demoralised conscripts are utterly unprepared for the shock action now hitting their lines. Ukrainian armoured formations are beginning to meet Russian forces in battle, and they are going to pulverise Russia’s defensive lines. I am confident for one simple reason: Ukraine will follow the Western ideology of manoeuvre warfare in a combined arms context, while the Russians will follow Soviet doctrine, relying on attrition and numbers. The Russians will find that the armour of Western tanks is far more resilient than flesh and bone, they will die in great numbers, and they will lose.

[...]

There will certainly be no rescue from the air. The Russian air force should be a massive operational threat, but it seems that its pilots have opted to hide in the confines of the officers’ mess rather than face the excellent Ukrainian air defences. Sometimes, cowardice is the most sensible option.

[...]

Much like Adolf Hitler at the end of his war, Putin appears to be holed up in his bunker, being fed lies, making the wrong decisions while the sharks circle. What’s unfolding in Ukraine now could go down in history as one of the great tank actions, alongside Cambrai, Kursk and the Arras counterattack. It will certainly go down as the end of Moscow’s illegal invasion – and perhaps the beginning of the end of Putin.
Här är en befälhavares djärva förutsägelse om utfallet av Ukrainas motoffensiv. Kan de ukrainska ingenjörstrupperna leva upp till hans förväntningar?

Done flying. How war with Ukraine outed Aeroflot's GRU spies and where they are now
The Insider skrev:Prior to the war with Ukraine, Aeroflot served as the primary “front” for Russian foreign intelligence operations. A significant portion of the airline's foreign offices were led by individuals with backgrounds in the GRU (Main Intelligence Directorate) and SVR (Foreign Intelligence Service). However, following the implementation of the flight ban on Russian aviation, these officers were compelled to return to Moscow, while their extensive network of agents remained in their respective positions. Notably, Aeroflot not only provided a convenient cover for working abroad but also served as a means for conducting espionage on foreign entities. The Insider provides an account of how Aeroflot's “representatives” engaged in spying activities across Europe, Asia, and the Middle East, detailing the nature of the information they acquired and shedding light on their current endeavors.

[...]

During the presidency of Boris Yeltsin, the law “On Foreign Intelligence” was enacted, which mandated state-owned companies to provide assistance to the SVR, GRU, and FSB (Federal Security Service). In 2001, under Putin's leadership, Lev Koshlyakov, a former KGB-SVR general, was appointed as the deputy general director of Aeroflot. Koshlyakov subsequently brought in his former colleagues from the Yasenevo intelligence base. According to sources, conflicts arose between the “undercover” officers of the SVR and GRU, leading to a series of mutual entrapments and confrontations. However, after Putin intervened, the two intelligence services reached a reconciliation and divided the majority of positions within Aeroflot's foreign offices between themselves.
Ännu en intressant artikel från The Insider, denna gång om en oavsiktlig fördel med det stängda luftrummet. Aeroflot var tydligen en front för spioner.

Can China Compensate Russia’s Losses on the European Gas Market?
Carnegie Politika skrev:Of course, that’s a lot less than the $135–155 netback from sales to Germany, but $73 isn’t bad either, and it could increase to $100 if Gazprom manages to keep the capital expenditure of building a new onshore pipeline from exceeding that of building Nord Stream across the seabed, which sounds entirely feasible.

[...]

The fundamental difference between now and the 1960s–1980s, when the Soviet Union successfully monetized the vast gas reserves of Yamal by building a pipeline to Czechoslovakia, then Austria, and then West Germany, recouping construction costs several times over, is that back then the prospects for the development of the European gas market seemed unlimited. There was no hint that demand for gas would ever start to decline, and indeed, the Russian-European gas trade exceeded all Soviet-era calculations.

Now, however, the gas trade between Russia and China is likely to end by about 2060 or even earlier as a result of the global energy transition. Any hopes of developing this cooperation further (by increasing supply volumes, extending contracts, and so on) amounts to a risky bet that the transition to renewable energy will not happen as planned. In all likelihood, within a few decades, Power of Siberia 2 will become obsolete.
Under kalla kriget var den europeiska gasmarknaden omättlig. Nu har den kinesiska gasmarknaden ett bäst före-datum. Dessutom vill Kina ha ett lägre pris.
Användarens profilbild
dr Cassandra Nojdh

Enceladus skrev: lördag 10 juni 2023 2:27
dr Cassandra Nojdh skrev: fredag 09 juni 2023 22:42 En artikel i The WarZone beskriver ovanstående: Russia Has Destroyed Its First Ukrainian Bradley Fighting Vehicles

The Ukrainian Army Lost Bradley Fighting Vehicles And A Leopard 2 Tank Trying And Failing To Breach Russian Defenses In Southern Ukraine
Forbes skrev:The Ukrainian army’s 33rd Mechanized Brigade and 47th Assault Brigade massed their Leopard tanks and Bradley fighting vehicles for a powerful assault on Russian positions two miles south of Mala Tokmachka in southern Ukraine’s Zaporizhzhia Oblast on or before Thursday morning.

A dense minefield lay between the Ukrainians and their objective. And the Ukrainians knew it. They deployed at least one IMR-2 engineering vehicle and a Leopard 2R breaching vehicle in the hope of plowing away the mines and clearing a path for at least a company of 47th Brigade M-2A2 Bradleys and some attached Leopard 2A6s from the 33rd Brigade.

The engineers failed—either because the minefield was too dense or Russian helicopters or artillery interrupted their efforts to clear the mines. In short order, the IMR-2, a rare Leopard 2A6 and as many as nine Bradleys piled up, out in the open. Exposed, under fire and taking damage, the surviving crews and passengers bailed out—and took their dead and wounded with them.
Forbes beskriver ovanstående händelse på ett mer detaljerat sätt, inklusive den roll som ingenjörstrupper spelar.
Ja, bra för ovanlighetens skull med en referens som inte är bakom betalvägg. Forbes skriver också ganska bra till skillnad från Daily Telegraph-artikeln, som är ren propaganda.

Det inträffade stämmer ganska bra överens med vad jag skisserade i april. I det här fallet förefaller Ukraina inte ha kunnat koordinera artilleri och pansar på det sätt som skulle krävas för att trycka ned de ryska posteringarna, även om de ryska flygstridskrafterna och anfallskolonnens brist på flygskydd kanske blev avgörande. Tilläggas kan att man ska akta sig för att dra alltför långtgående slutsatser av detta. Jag betraktar varken The WarZone eller Forbes som ryska propagandaorgan och utgår från att deras beskrivningar av just detta slag någorlunda korrekt återger vad som faktiskt hände. Sedan håller ju Ukraina knäpptyst (förstås) medan den ryska propagandan har allt intresse av att pumpa ut bilder och videoklipp mm. som visar hur de oövervinnerliga ryska stridskrafterna slår tillbaka ukrainska angrepp och att Ukraina är dömt att förlora!
dr Cassandra Nojdh skrev: torsdag 20 april 2023 19:56 Ukraine’s counter-offensive is drawing near

Men en offensiv operation är en formidabel uppgift. Väl fungerande stridsvagnsformationer är nödvändiga om Ukraina ska kunna bryta igenom ryssarnas försvarslinjer i söder. Då kommer det inledningsvis att krävas en omfattande och väl samordnad förbekämpning, som måste ske med artilleri, eftersom Ukraina i stort sett saknar attackflyg (och dessutom jaktflyg utrustat med vapen som kan bekämpa de ryska plan som avfyrar långräckviddiga jaktmissiler). Efter stridsvagnskilarna i täten följer sedan stridsfordon och pansarterrängbilar, som dels skapar flankskydd, dels på ett splitterskyddat sätt kan föra fram infanteri som bekämpar kvarvarande fientliga grupperingar. Men då gäller det att artilleriet används taktiskt riktigt:
The Economist skrev:In theory, precision artillery can quickly take out prepared defences, says Ben Barry of iiss, a think-tank in London, pointing to Britain’s use of such systems to destroy bunkers in Afghanistan. But that requires expert synchronisation of artillery, infantry and armour so that troops advance neither too early, while the defences are intact, nor too late, when Russia’s rear echelon has reinforced a barrage’s site.

To date, Ukraine’s army has largely conducted sequential operations—first artillery fire, then a ground advance—rather than these more demanding co-ordinated ones, says Franz-Stefan Gady, a military analyst. That is in part because of rigid Soviet-style commanders and a lack of combined-arms training at scale, he says. Improving Ukraine’s command and control has been a priority for Western officials helping to train and advise Ukrainian generals in Germany over recent weeks.
"sequential operations—first artillery fire, then a ground advance" fungerar inte. Det fungerade inte på västfronten under WW1, inte på östfronten 1945 under Sovjetunionens attack på Seelow-höjderna i östra Tyskland och inte heller nu i Bachmut.

Det viktigaste i en sådan här operation är ändå, som framhålls i artikeln, att anfallsrörelsen inte stannar upp. Rörelse är A och O, vilket Hitlertysklands anfall på Frankrike 1940 visade. Fransmännen hade inga bakre försvarslinjer att falla tillbaka på, och när de tyska pansarkolonnerna slagit hål på de främsta var det kört för Frankrike. Ryssarna har lärt sig av det och kommer att i sina försvarslinjer försöka fånga in och stoppa upp ev. anfallskolonner och försöka förinta dem med artilleri. I Kherson behövde Ukraina inte konfrontera ryssarna fortifierade försvarslinjer, eftersom de kunde tvinga dem till reträtt genom att strypa deras försörjningslinjer över Dnepr. I Kharkiv var de ryska försvarslinjerna för glest bemannade och för dåligt fortfifierade, vilket gjorde att Ukrainas armé kunde vräka ryssarna över ända, men ungefär vid gränsen mot Luhansk oblast tog anfallskraften slut.

Ukrainas största nackdel är ändå att de saknar ett tillräckligt slagkraftigt flygvapen. Det ryska flygvapnet VKS är i stort sett intakt och dess jaktflyg utrustat med betydligt bättre flygplan och missiler än vad Ukraina kan uppbåda. De ukrainska anfallsstyrkorna kommer att vara helt beroende av sitt markbaserade luftvärn för sitt flygskydd. Sviktar detta kommer VKS att sätta in allt vad de har av korträckviddiga attackvapen, som ex.vis Kh-29, Kh-36, Kh-59 eller UPAB-1500 (den sistnämnda är en tung glidflygbomb) för att bekämpa framför allt de ukrainska ingenjörsfordonen när dessa försöker forcera div. slagfälthinder. Lyckas man med det och kan stoppa upp anfallsrörelsen kan det ryska artilleriet sedan göra jobbet klart enligt ovan.
'
Tyvärr gör Forbes samma misstag som The WarZone - genom att ha ett öppet kommentarsfält gör man sig till kl-tt-rpl-nk för diverse putinister.
Senast redigerad av dr Cassandra Nojdh den lördag 10 juni 2023 11:01, redigerad totalt 5 gång.
Användarens profilbild
dr Cassandra Nojdh

Någonstans ovan gör Washington Post en jämförelse med D-dagen, dvs. de allierades invasion av Frankrike i juni 1944. Skillnaderna är dock betydande.

Framför allt lyckades de allierade med en av de mest storskaliga maskirovka-operationerna i krigshistorien, genom att de kunde hålla hitleristerna i ovisshet om vilken som var anfallets huvudriktning. Hitler och delar av det nazistiska militäretablissemanget var helt övertygade om att anfallet skulle sättas in vid Pas de Calais, där engelska kanalen är som smalast. Dessutom var vädret inte på något sätt idealiskt vid tidpunkten för anfallet.

De allierade hade alltså ett betydande överraskningsmoment.

Under det första dygnet lyckades de allierade landsätta 150.00 man och 14.000 fordon på invasionsstränderna

De allierade hade alltså en betydande materiellt och personellt övertag i anfallets inledningsskede.

De tyska generalerna var oense om hur ett allierat anfall skulle bemötas. Erwin Rommel trodde på en hårt befäst försvarslinje vid kusten, den sk. atlantvallen. Gerd von Rundstedt (som också trodde på Pas de Calais som huvudriktning) ansåg att atlantvallen var alltför tunn för att stoppa en landstigning, och att de allierade styrkorna skulle krossas med tysk pansar och artilleri efter landstigningen (på samma sätt som man hade krossat sovjetiska styrkor på östfronten 1941). Hitler förbehöll sig rätten att fatta de slutliga avgörandena. Följden blev att atlantvallen blev alltför ojämnt befäst (och dessutom koncentrerad till Calais), vilket visade sig på D-dagen. Vid de flesta invasionsstränderna möttes de allierade styrkorna av förvånansvärt lite tyskt motstånd. Främst vid den sk. Omaha-stranden mötte amerikanerna hårt tysk motstånd och fick ta betydande förluster innan man lyckades slå ut de tyska befästningarna.

Det tyska pansaret kunde ha lyckats om man haft tillräckliga styrkor på plats. Det hade man nu inte, och genom allierade bombningar och den franska motståndsrörelsens sabotageaktioner fördröjdes de tyska förstärkningarna tills dess att vågskålen tippat över till allierad fördel. De tyska pansarenheter som fanns på plats hade inledningsvis vissa framgångar (21 pansardivisionen, som hindrade de allierade att inta staden Caen) men var i längden för få.

De allierade hade fördelen att tyskarna var oense om lämplig försvarsstrategi.

De allierade hade så gott som fullkomligt luftherravälde. Framför allt britterna försökte sig på att bekämpa tyskt pansar med attackflyg, dock med begränsad effekt: viewtopic.php?p=405873#p405873

Den tidens taktik och vapenteknik för att bekämpa pansar med flygstridskrafter var inte tillräckligt utvecklad för att ge storskaliga effekter.

Vidare läsning: While Hitler Snored: D-Day, Rommel and the Panzers

En något bättre jämförelse är i så fall ett av de följande slagen, Operation Cobra 25-31 juli 1944, där amerikanska styrkor under befäl av general Omar Bradley lyckades slå hål på den tyska fronten och ta sig ut ur Normandie, och i förlängningen ringa i tyska styrkor i den sk. Falaise-fickan. Skillnaderna är även här betydande, dels hade inte tyskarna några fasta fortifieringar, dels hade de allierade stora flygstyrkor att sätta in under förbekämpningen.
Senast redigerad av dr Cassandra Nojdh den lördag 10 juni 2023 22:57, redigerad totalt 4 gång.
Användarens profilbild
dr Cassandra Nojdh

Amerikanska tankesmedjan CSIS analyserar möjligheter och svårigheter med att attackera ryssarnas försvarslinjer:
Ukraine’s Offensive Operations: Shifting the Offense-Defense Balance

Brittiska tankesmedjan RUSI följer upp ryssarnas elektroniska krigföring, något som vi tidigare berört här: viewtopic.php?p=413093#p413093
Jamming JDAM: The Threat to US Munitions from Russian Electronic Warfare

Dessa referenser lämnas utan ytterligare kommentarer.
Senast redigerad av dr Cassandra Nojdh den söndag 11 juni 2023 9:15, redigerad totalt 1 gånger.
Enceladus

Inlägg av Enceladus »

Political risks rise for Putin as Ukraine’s counteroffensive begins
Washington Post skrev:Putin had appeared to count on diminishing Western resolve to support Ukraine, especially with a presidential election in 2024 in the United States, where a minority of Republicans have argued against continuing high levels of assistance to Ukraine. In Moscow, that assumption is eroding, insiders say.

“Modest signals” have emerged that Russia could be willing to make some compromises, the well-connected member of Russian diplomatic circles said. Margarita Simonyan, the usually hawkish head of RT, the Russian state propaganda TV channel, this month called for the conflict to be frozen at the current front lines with referendums to be held in the seized territories on whether the residents there want to be part of Russia or Ukraine. Otherwise, she warned, Ukraine was certain to use the long-range weapons it was receiving from Western allies to hit Russian territory.

[...]

“Everyone in the Kremlin understands the danger of the Ukrainian counteroffensive,” Stanovaya said. “Freezing the situation is very convenient, as this is exactly what will give Putin the time he needs for Ukraine and the West to lose their military zeal and unity.”
Kreml fruktar Ukrainas pågående motoffensiv. Partisaner har förstört en järnvägsbro i södra Ukraina och ett järnvägsspår på Krym. Se vidare nästa artikel:

Ukraine claims to have liberated three frontline villages in Donetsk
The Guardian skrev:Soldiers were shown in video footage raising he Ukrainian flag over the village of Blahodatne, south of the town of Velyka Novosilka, one of the main axes of the counteroffensive so far. Troops from another brigade filmed themselves with their unit’s banner in Neskuchne. Later on Sunday, the deputy defence minister Hanna Maliar said a third village, Makarivka, had been taken. It is believed to have fallen on Sunday morning.

[...]

Along with signs that the counteroffensive was beginning to gain momentum, at least in one area, there was more evidence on Sunday of the rifts in Russia’s military leadership. Yevgeny Prigozhin, the head of the Wagner group mercenary organisation, rejected a move by the defence minister, Sergei Shoigu, to put Wagner fighters under ministry control by ordering all “volunteer detachments” to sign contracts with the ministry by the end of the month.

“Wagner will not sign any contracts with Shoigu,” Prigozhin said.
Sprickan mellan Kreml och Wagner växer samtidigt som Ukraina fortsätter att avancera. Def Mon har en Twitter-tråd om avancemanget längs fronterna.

Biden’s Iran Gamble: A Risky New Strategy to Keep Tehran From Going Nuclear
Foreign Affairs skrev:If the Biden administration has given up on Plan A—reviving the JCPOA—it has also shied away from pivoting to the Plan B proposed by many analysts as well as Israeli officials: heaping economic, political, and military pressure on Tehran. Instead, it has opted for Plan C, an attempt to prevent the worst outcomes of the nuclear standoff with Iran while retaining the possibility of resolving it in the future. Washington seeks to prevent an Iranian bomb, avoid the risky escalation that could come with heightened pressure, and kick the can on a diplomatic solution in the hopes that conditions for a new deal to replace the JCPOA become more favorable over time.

[...]

Iran will probably also feel the wind at its back in October, when UN restrictions on its ballistic missile program and related sanctions are scheduled to expire. These include a provision, which Iran currently violates, banning it from shipping drones to Russia. If Western governments allow these provisions to expire without a plan to replace them, they will risk sending Iranian leaders the message that their approach is working.
Biden hoppas kunna skjuta det iranska problemet framför sig. Varken ett förnyat avtal eller en militär operation lockar. Vänta tills världen slutar köpa olja?
Användarens profilbild
Odd

Inlägg av Odd »

Farsen med Erdogan och Sverige angående NATO, så känns det ungefär som på kurs med Kurt. Kristersson är Kurt, Den elake försäljaren Alve är Erdogan, den runda båten är NATO och Nisse är det svenska folket. Tyvärr kommer det nog inte sluta som i serien, där Alve blir lurad av Kurt och Nisse att sälja båten billigt.
kurt.jpg
kurt.jpg (139.89 KiB) Visad 538 gånger
Genius on call
Användarens profilbild
dr Cassandra Nojdh

Ryssland förefaller har sprängt ytterligare en damm: https://edition.cnn.com/europe/live-new ... 8eccb2edeb
Bild

Mokri Yaly är såvitt jag begriper en biflod till Dnepr. Det var mot bakgrund av de många dammsprängningarna under WW2 som 1949 år Geneve-konvention uttryckligen förbjöd sådan operationer: viewtopic.php?p=409156#p409156

BBC ger en översikt över ryska dammattacker i Ukraina: What attacks have there been on dams in Ukraine?
Enceladus

Inlägg av Enceladus »

Russian rouble slumps to over 14-month low vs dollar
Reuters skrev:The rouble slid to its weakest in more than 14 months past 84 against the dollar on Tuesday as Russian markets reopened after a long weekend, hurt by lower oil prices and limited foreign currency supply from exporters in a reduced-liquidity market.

[...]

“There is illiquidity in the market,” said a trader at a large Russian bank, while cheaper oil is an “irritant”.

[...]

“The rouble is very worrisome,” said Alexei Antonov of Alor Broker, predicting that it could head towards 90 against the dollar.
Rubeln fortsätter att rasa i takt med att Rysslands export minskar.

Russian ruble crisis in 1998 that ushered Putin into power risks dethroning him in 2023
Daily Express skrev:Despite the raft of sanctions imposed sky-high energy prices saw money flow to Moscow’s coffers and confidence quickly returned. Since last June, however, the ruble has been on a steady year-long decline, losing 34 percent of its value.

[...]

On June 27 last year, a US dollar bought 53 Russian rubles after a number of months in which the Russian currency was the strongest performer in the world.

As of Tuesday, it had slid to a 14-month low of 84 to the dollar. The International Monetary Fund (IMF) forecasts 0.7 percent growth for Russia this year, but has suggested military spending could be artificially supporting output.
Vi som minns det turbulenta 1990-talet vet vad som väntar.

Fyra tecken på att Rysslands ekonomi snart kollapsar – expert förutspår kraschen
Svenska Yle skrev:De fyra ovannämnda punkterna har avgörande betydelse eftersom Rysslands utrikeshandel har rasat på nästan alla fronter. I dag handlar det nästan helt om råoljeexport.

När handeln stryps leder det till att pengarna inom landet till slut är de enda som finns.

– Rubeln kommer att fortsätta att tappa i värde eftersom de underliggande krafterna och dynamiken är lätta att förutspå, säger Itskhoki.

[...]

– Fjolåret var alltså exceptionellt bra för Rysslands nationalekonomi, men privatkonsumtionen kollapsade och folk blev påtagligt fattigare. De ekonomiska siffrorna byggde nästan helt på militära investeringar.
Som sagt, tiden är inte på Putins sida.

Prigozhin Leaked Location of Putin Ally Wounded in Ukraine—Russian Colonel
Newsweek skrev:Lieutenant Colonel Roman Venevitin, who was recently captured and held briefly by members of Wagner Group before being released to "Russian law enforcement," made the claim in a post on the Venevitin_72 Telegram channel. The "Prigozhinites" handed over to Kyiv the coordinates of Delimkhanov—the right-hand man to Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov, he said.

[...]

Meanwhile, Chechen leader Kadyrov wrote on Telegram that he had been unable to reach Delimkhanov, and appealed to Ukraine's intelligence to help him locate his ally, offering a "generous reward."

"I ask Ukrainian intelligence to provide information about the site and positions struck so that I could at last find my dear BROTHER. I promise a generous reward and I ask you for assistance," Kadyrov wrote.
Samtidigt fortsätter de inre stridigheterna i Ryssland.

GOP senator blocks arms sale to Hungary for stalling Sweden’s NATO bid
Washington Post skrev:In a statement to The Washington Post, Risch (Idaho) said Hungary must allow Sweden into NATO if it wants the arms package, which includes 24 HIMARS rocket launcher batteries, and more than 100 rockets and pods along with associated parts and support.

[...]

“For some time now, I have directly expressed my concerns to the Hungarian government regarding its refusal to move forward a vote for Sweden to join NATO,” he said.

“The fact that it is now June and still not done, I decided that the sale of new U.S. military equipment to Hungary will be on hold,” he added.
Skulle inte Republikanerna vara isolationister? :roll:
Enceladus

Inlägg av Enceladus »

Enceladus skrev: tisdag 23 maj 2023 12:03 Russia Pushes India for Help to Avert Global Financial Isolation
Bloomberg skrev:The Kremlin is pressuring governments including India behind the scenes, threatening to upend defense and energy deals unless they help block expected moves aimed at turning Russia into a financial pariah state over its invasion of Ukraine.
Kremlin Warns Mideast That New Finance Curbs Will Hurt Trade
Bloomberg skrev:The Paris-based FATF, an inter-governmental organization that sets standards for combating dirty money, took the unprecedented step of suspending Russia from membership in February over its invasion of Ukraine. The government in Kyiv is now seeking to add Russia to the “black list” or “gray list” of states at the FATF’s June 19-23 meeting.

Designation on the first list would place Russia alongside North Korea, Iran and Myanmar. It would oblige FATF member states as well as banks, investment houses and payment-processing companies to conduct enhanced due diligence and in the most serious cases take counter-measures to protect the international financial system.

Another 23 countries are on the “gray list,” including Turkey, South Africa, the UAE and Jordan. A report by the International Monetary Fund in 2021 found that this penalty, which involves closer monitoring requirements, results in a “large and statistically significant reduction in capital inflows.”

[...]

Ukraine’s Finance Ministry has put together a case detailing alleged Russian violations of FATF standards since Moscow’s suspension, including last week’s destruction of the giant Kakhovka dam as an “act of terror.” Russia has denied blame for the dam’s collapse. Several European officials have said Russia is likely responsible but they have yet to reach a definitive assessment as they continue to gather evidence.
Det luktar desperation och panik om Kreml. Mötet äger rum redan nästa vecka!
Enceladus skrev: måndag 29 maj 2023 20:59 Teorin: Rysk ”spionval” på besök i Sverige
Aftonbladet skrev:Den vitval som väckt stor uppståndelse i Hunnebostrand verkar vara den ryska ”spionval” som rymt från ett uppdrag, något P4 Väst var först att rapportera om.
Russia Increases Dolphins Defending Sevastopol From Ukrainian Attacks
Naval News skrev:Russia appears to have doubled the trained dolphins defending Sevastopol naval base in Crimea. This is part of a gradual tightening of defenses in response to Ukraine’s growing ability to reach the strategic city. Despite the wider focus on missiles and maritime drones, Russia evidently takes the threat of Ukrainian special forces seriously.

Evidence seen by Naval News shows that the number of dolphin pens has increased. Analysis suggests that the number of animals has increased from 3-4 to 6-7.

[...]

Sevastopol should not be viewed as an impenetrable fortress however. Ukrainian maritime drones have penetrated the defenses several times, and Ukraine will no doubt be aware of weaknesses. Which is likely why Russia has felt the need to increase the dolphin defenses.
Minns någon den ryska spionvalen Hvaldimir som nyligen befriades?

Svensk myndighet på plats i Ukraina – bidrar i informationskrig mot Ryssland
SVT Nyheter skrev:Svenska tjänstemän från myndigheten, MPF, har sedan krigsstarten i det dolda arbetat i Ukraina. I en rapport som lämnades in till försvarsdepartementet i fredags beskrivs hur regeringsuppdraget gått ut på att ”öka den samlade ukrainska psykologiska försvarsförmågan”.
Tydligen har svenska tjänstemän sedan krigsutbrottet i det dolda arbetat på plats i Ukraina.

Russian Troops Killed Waiting for Commander's Motivational Speech: Reports
Newsweek skrev:"Near Kreminna, a tragic incident occurred in one of the divisions that were about to go on the offensive. For two hours, people stood in a crowd in one place and waited for the division commander to say his motivating word," Rybar wrote.

The blogger continued, "But instead of him, the HIMARS and enemy artillery had their say."

[...]

The alleged HIMARS incident was not the only major topic of discussion Wednesday amongst military bloggers. Reports began circulating on Telegram that Adam Delimkhanov, a Russian lawmaker and close ally of Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov, had been wounded in Ukraine.
Blev det för mycket propaganda för de ryska trupperna? :roll:
dr Cassandra Nojdh skrev: måndag 12 juni 2023 14:39 Ryssland förefaller har sprängt ytterligare en damm:
Russian soldiers' corpses line road into liberated Ukrainian village
Reuters skrev:The soldiers said about 50 Russian soldiers were killed in a "mopping-up operation" and four were taken prisoner. Reuters was unable to verify the number of Russian casualties, although corpses were still strewn across the road and nearby fields.

Storozheve is one of a cluster of settlements near the Mokry Yali river that Ukraine says its troops have captured since their counteroffensive began.

Reuters also reached the nearby village of Neskuchne on Tuesday, providing the first independent confirmation of the Ukrainian advances since Kyiv began the counteroffensive.
En av bilderna visar den franska haubitsen Caesar, vilket tyder på att den nya fronten ligger en bra bit söderut, trots den nämnda dammsprängningen.
Användarens profilbild
dr Cassandra Nojdh

Enceladus skrev: torsdag 15 juni 2023 0:44 Russian Troops Killed Waiting for Commander's Motivational Speech: Reports
Newsweek skrev:"Near Kreminna, a tragic incident occurred in one of the divisions that were about to go on the offensive. For two hours, people stood in a crowd in one place and waited for the division commander to say his motivating word," Rybar wrote.

The blogger continued, "But instead of him, the HIMARS and enemy artillery had their say."

[...]

The alleged HIMARS incident was not the only major topic of discussion Wednesday amongst military bloggers. Reports began circulating on Telegram that Adam Delimkhanov, a Russian lawmaker and close ally of Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov, had been wounded in Ukraine.
Blev det för mycket propaganda för de ryska trupperna? :roll:
Beskrivningen tyder på att det rörde sig om ett angrepp med en M30A1 HIMARS-missil med sk. Alternate Warhead, dvs. när stridladdningen detonerar utlöser den en moln av volframfragment, med en kraftig antipersonell effekt. Denna stridsladdning är framtagen efter det att USA skrotat sina GLMRS-missiler med klusterladdningar.

IE: Klusterladdningar behövs inte på slagfältet (även om de ryska banditerna tror det).
Skriv svar